I have a Bold 9900, I have tried several flavours of OS 7.1 (currently running 7.1.0.391) and cannot get the mobile hotspot or tethering to work. I have a plan with Telus and have called them several times and they tell me that I do have the ability to use these features but they cannot help me with why they are not working.

When I try to tether on the playbook, I choose isp.telus.com as the provider on the playbook and it gets to the point where its shows "acquiring IP address" then it errors out. I checked my apn settings on my BB 9900 and its set for isp.telus.com, apn settings enabled, apn authentication on, no username or password. Any suggestions?

When I try to turn on mobile hotspot, it says "Activation Reuired" " to use this feature, contact your wireless service provider and subscribe to a Mobile Hotspot data plan" Telus assures me that this is not a feature that is turned off and I should be able to use it.. any suggestions?

thanks in advance
    05-09-12 07:06 PM
    im having the same problem but im with rogers, but i can teather fine just mobile hot spot not working
    05-10-12 06:09 AM
    Does anyone have any ideas? I have scoured the forums and the Web, called Telus..I can't seem to find an answer. My phone works fine other than this...could it be a hardware issue?
    05-12-12 05:06 AM
    Any OS should be enable you to tether just fine. The mobile hotspot feature comes only with 7.1. However, usually, carriers charge for this feature or you need to be in an upgraded data plan to use this feature.

At any rate, check with your carrier and ask if you have the data plan to use these features.
    05-12-12 06:12 AM
    I have spoke to Telus and they tell me that tethering is on and there is no way to turn it "off". I really can't figure this out...it must be something on their end.
    05-12-12 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD