anyone else having problems with getting there mobile hotspot to work on the rodgers update i have 6gb plan and it keeps saying that i am on allowed to cause i dont have that?
    05-08-12 07:29 AM
    You need to call and have them add on tethering. It may have not been on your account and your Plan may or may not allow it if it is a legacy plan. I had to do this when I went from a 9800 to the 9900.
    05-08-12 07:39 AM
    Blackberry Bridge is NOT tethering - it's a completely different setup than tethering. It essentially turns your PlayBook into a monitor for your smartphone via a bluetooth connection. It doesn't eat up more data and it masks the fact that you are using the PB instead of the smartphone to your service provider.

Mobile hotspot turns your phone into a WiFi access point, allowing computers and any other device with WiFi capability to connect to the web via the data connection on your phone. This will eat up your data fairly quick if you're on a smaller (1GB) plan. Pay close attention to your usage.

Two very different connections.

JB
    Last edited by LordCrankypants; 05-08-12 at 07:55 AM.
    05-08-12 07:52 AM
    Mine seems to work well - have it sync'ed with my Ipad. However, I find that my device heats up and well, the battery drains rather quickly...
    05-08-12 08:01 AM
    i know what teathering is i choose it over using bridge cause i find teathering a lot faster
    Ah, I see what you mean now. Proper spelling and grammar would help avoid such miscommunications.

JB
    05-08-12 08:01 AM
    i have a 6gb plan threw rodgers small bis. with teathering inabled as i use it with my playbook (not bridge)
    05-08-12 08:02 AM
    Ah, I see what you mean now. Proper spelling and grammar would help avoid such miscommunications.

JB
    sorryabout the grammer lol im just on the phone (on hold) with rodgers trying to get this sloved lol. i guess there a a few people with the same problem and there going to look into the farther
    05-08-12 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD