Mobile Hotspot is a very useful feature on the 99, but I thought 30 bucks a month was a bit much considering I would only use it a couple days a month at most. While speaking with the Sprint rep on the phone, I was told I could activate Hotspot with a "expiration date"(turn off date) as short as one day and I would only be charged for the arranged days. Once Sprint activates the Hotspot, we can use it on our end in less than 5 minutes, so we can literally only pay for the days we need it. That comes out to just about a dollar each day and the feature has been a savior while working and playing.
    Just say to the rep "I would like to activate mobile hotspot with an expiration date" and the whole process is finished in minutes and your clients, co-workers, boss, or non PlayBook having friends will be in debt to you when it comes in handy.

Thank you Sprint and RIM, this is huge for me.
    02-10-12 10:11 AM
    Oh wow. I'm definitely going to have to try this out! Thanky, thanky.
    02-10-12 01:38 PM
    no need for hotspot thanks to the Playbook. YAY!!!!!!!!!!
    02-10-12 02:16 PM
    @Amy, your welcome.

@Panda, my PlayBook usually takes care of business, but what about your laptop or your friends with other tablets?
    02-10-12 06:54 PM
    ATT sucks - My plan on Bell costs $46.50/month for unlimited everything and includes 6GB of BES data...tethered / Mobile Hotspot...at no extra charge. ATT charges almost as much for the Hotspot as my whole bill costs. Something's wrong with that picture. So, you pay for a data plan from your carrier...say it includes 2GB...and then pay $30.00/month to access that data plan, because you want to use another device to browse instead of your little POS 2" BlackBerry screen? What a rip...someone should shoot the telco's. My T-Mo US phone has the same issue - they charge you for Hotspot and tethering...wow.
    02-10-12 10:14 PM
    Where I live there is no plan that I have heard of as good as the one FBA is describing from Bell, but it sounds like a great deal. I'm glad I actually have some freedom with Sprint, you don't get that from phone providers these days.
    02-11-12 08:17 PM
    Sounds like a great deal. I wish Verizon had something like this...
    02-11-12 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD