Already did a throughout search for other threads, but there is only one for the 9700 on OS 6. So this should be a general thread for other 9900 users who keep having their SIM Toolkit icon vanishing on them.

So far, on the leaked OS 7.1.0.45, it's missing after a week, without any explanation, it just vanishes. As to why this is happening, I have no idea. Anybody else missing the icon besides me? How did you manage to bring it back? We need feedback. I'll link this thread to the leaked OS's thread too. For now, i'm downgrading to a newer OS 7.0 until this gets settled.
    12-15-11 12:46 AM
    hmmmm,
    never seen some one saying this of SIM App.
    i have never seen any one using it.
    12-15-11 02:24 AM
    hmmmm,
    never seen some one saying this of SIM App.
    i have never seen any one using it.
    I know the SIM app/toolkit allows you to customize some roaming options. So that's likely what it's used for. On some carriers such as wind, you can manage your services, top-up and view usage/balance without using the website or a computer. This is what drives me nuts when it vanishes. It's back now, I hope it doesn't just vanish again. I'd hate to reload the OS just to bring it back which I just did.
    12-15-11 02:28 AM
    I believe it's service book controlled Brian. I've had it on all OS7 builds, but it's completely missing on 7.1

We'll probably have to wait for our carriers to update them before it appears again.
    12-15-11 02:34 AM
    I believe it's service book controlled Brian. I've had it on all OS7 builds, but it's completely missing on 7.1

We'll probably have to wait for our carriers to update them before it appears again.
    I'm back on 7.0.0.585. Hopefully it doesn't go ghost on me again. I did send a mention to @blackberryhelp on twitter asking about that earlier, so once I get a response, I'll gladly update this thread as it gets settled/solved.
    nashshafrulrezza likes this.
    12-15-11 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD