Hi,

A blackberry went missing and the network operator was called up to disable the sim card and I changed the blackberry id password. The device itself was not protected with a password. Could you please tell me:
    What data does the "new user" have access to?
    Will the blackberry force the new user (regardless or not he is a blackberry user?) to perform a wipe?
    The account will be used on a new blackberry Monday - will that give the new user a few days access to the emails?
    Would he be able to see camera images (as they are, I believe, saved by default on the media card).
    Is there anything else you would advise me to do?

Also, is there a way the device can be reported and blocked by its PIN or IMEI?

Thank you,

K
    09-15-12 11:14 AM
    If there is no password on the phone, they will have unfettered access to everything on the device.
    p9981 likes this.
    09-15-12 11:18 AM
    You should have installed BlackBerry Protect, you could have wiped the phone remotely over the internet.

Think about that software for your next BB, it will save you a lot of worry.

Si.
    p9981 likes this.
    09-15-12 11:47 AM
    Hi,

A blackberry went missing and the network operator was called up to disable the sim card and I changed the blackberry id password. The device itself was not protected with a password. Could you please tell me:
    What data does the "new user" have access to?
    Will the blackberry force the new user (regardless or not he is a blackberry user?) to perform a wipe?
    The account will be used on a new blackberry Monday - will that give the new user a few days access to the emails?
    Would he be able to see camera images (as they are, I believe, saved by default on the media card).
    Is there anything else you would advise me to do?

Also, is there a way the device can be reported and blocked by its PIN or IMEI?

Thank you,

K
    They have access to everything. I don't understand why you don't have a password lock on your blackberry OR even blackberry protect. I guess you learned your lesson now..good luck
    p9981 likes this.
    09-15-12 11:58 AM
    Thank you for your input, much appreciated!
    09-15-12 05:39 PM
    If it is a newer BlackBerry with OS7, they will be prompted for the BBID password when a new SIM card is put into it. If they cannot provide the BBID password, there will be the option to security wipe the phone.
    p9981 likes this.
    09-15-12 05:46 PM
    Robsteve is correct..
    If it is a New device running the newer OS, then soon as the thief (oopss new owner) switches the sim card they will be prompted to provide your BBID and Password. If they are unable to do so, they will have no other option but to wipe the device. So there may be hope to keeping your info safe after all... As for blacklisting your device. Here in the US thats still a carrier option and not many have really jumped in the bandwagon.
    p9981 likes this.
    09-16-12 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD