Well I haven't really had any problems.
    But now whenever I press on the back button it makes a clicky sound, as if its come loose or something?
    My old phone used to do it but stopped after a while.
    I don't want to risk it with this phone, not while I am still able to take it back.
    I just hope if I get given another phone it won't have any other bad problems like some others are experiencing.
    Especially as this one works perfectly!
    Just the one button that's really bugging me D:
    I think I will just test a new one in store to make sure.
    Let's just see how the rest of today goes with this one...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 10:08 AM
    Ps. It comes and goes, sometimes its just like the other buttons. Sometimes it makes the annoying sound D:

08-28-11 10:11 AM
    Oh mine have the small clicky sound which doesn't bother me at all.
    But the one button has a big clicky sound as if its loose (its hard to ignore, its that bad)

08-28-11 11:37 AM
    All of the buttons on the call-end panel should have a tactile and auditory click to it. Sounds like yours are so-called "mushy" which means you probably want to replace it.
    08-28-11 03:29 PM
    Just be happy you don't have any major defects man. Clicky sound? Seriously? It's a phone! not medical equipment! Enjoy your phone dude

It's good you don't have a defective trackpad or messed up touch screen or horrible battery life
    08-28-11 03:32 PM
    Just be happy you don't have any major defects man. Clicky sound? Seriously? It's a phone! not medical equipment! Enjoy your phone dude
    man? dude? I'm pretty sure Rachel.Rose is a lady Abe

and I've already told you, it's Dakota... not Dakoda
    08-28-11 03:54 PM
    Oh mine have the small clicky sound which doesn't bother me at all.
    But the one button has a big clicky sound as if its loose (its hard to ignore, its that bad)

If it bothers you then by all means go back and exchange it. You paid good money for a high end device, shouldn't have to setlle for less than perfect. I'm on my 4th 9900 and finally happy with it, no defects. I found that many of the 9900's built in "Mexico 4" have defects. Seems like quality control in Mexico 4 isn't the best (not that RIM is known for quality control anyway)

George__ likes this.
    08-28-11 04:00 PM
    If it bothers you then by all means go back and exchange it. You paid good money for a high end device, shouldn't have to setlle for less than perfect. I'm on my 4th 9900 and finally happy with it, no defects. I found that many of the 9900's built in "Mexico 4" have defects. Seems like quality control in Mexico 4 isn't the best (not that RIM is known for quality control anyway)

This is true.
    It seems better today, still now and again am getting it, seems to be when I push on a certain part of the button.
    I still have a couple of weeks to return it yet, so will give it some time, as I already mentioned, there are no other problems at all.
    I've noticed that a lot of the phones seems faulty from Mexico 4, mine was made in Hungary 2.

Oh and as someone mentioned, it's not an auditory sound, I don't have that sound for when I press buttons, its just a loud click, like its pushign against something it shouldn't be, or something is loose underneath it :/
    Let's see how it goes.
    My old Curve 3G done this also, but after a few days stopped completely, lets hope the same goes for this one. As I absolutely LOVE this phone
    08-29-11 08:42 AM

I run my BBs commando style and beat the snot out of them. They are subjected to numerous drops onto concrete, I crawl around in attics with them in my back pocket (sorry for THAT word picture), etc and I can't even get a trackball to fail. The only reason I tolerate the buggy os on theses things is the because of the robust hardware. So for me, RIM is stellar in the quality control dept.
    08-29-11 10:22 AM
    Return it and get another one
    You bought a phone of $600 and of course you don't expect it to have any faults
    Return it and get another one

08-29-11 10:57 AM
    I am getting a replacement mine was determined to have hardware issues.

08-29-11 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD