I recall some BB even have an outside microSD slot... that's great...

but out 9930 has the microSD BEHIND the battery...

WHY!?

it's so inconvenient... if I want o pull it out and drop like 20GB of new media on it...

please advise...

thank you...
    01-26-12 01:05 AM
    Yea I had the 97xx series and the sd card could be pulled swapped without removing the battery......I have the 9900 now and altho it is much much much easier to pull the battery to remove the sd card, it IS possible to remove the card with out totally removing the battery. you still have to pull it up but if you're careful you can do it with out killing power to the device
    01-26-12 01:18 AM
    Do you keep swapping memory cards all day long? is that how you use your phone?
    01-26-12 01:22 AM
    Yea I had the 97xx series and the sd card could be pulled swapped without removing the battery......I have the 9900 now and altho it is much much much easier to pull the battery to remove the sd card, it IS possible to remove the card with out totally removing the battery. you still have to pull it up but if you're careful you can do it with out killing power to the device

I would advise against this post.... See link:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...battery-insert

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dustanh; 01-26-12 at 09:53 AM.
    01-26-12 01:54 AM
    SIM card is beneath battery
    SD card slot is above battery, but can’t be accessed until battery is removed.
    Make sure you don’t try to pop in/pop out media card battery inserted… it’s fatal
    01-26-12 06:51 AM
    I recall some BB even have an outside microSD slot... that's great...

but out 9930 has the microSD BEHIND the battery...

WHY!?

it's so inconvenient... if I want o pull it out and drop like 20GB of new media on it...

please advise...

thank you...
    I've never seen the sd slot on the 99xx but I imagine it is the way it is to keep the thinness of the device in tact. If it was like the 9700 you'd need to more depth for the card.
    01-26-12 09:52 AM
    The old 83xx had the slot underneath the battery... Just the way they decided to do it I suppose...
    01-26-12 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD