I've searched the forum and read related threads but I still don't have an answer so hopefully someone can help me.

I purchased a Sandisk 16GB Micro SDHC Class 4 Memory Card for my Bold 9900.
    My software is all up to date but I've inserted the card and it is not being recognised by the phone at all. As far as I am aware I should be able to insert the card and be ready to go with it. Am I doing something wrong or is the issue likely with the memory card itself?

All help appreciated
    09-17-12 05:45 AM
    Try to check and insert a spare memory card first, if that doesn't work the new one could be faulty.
    If both of them doesn't work, your memory card reader of your 9900 could be faulty.
    09-17-12 07:37 AM
    Or it could be a software bug/glitch. So i would carefuly double check everything.
    09-17-12 07:46 AM
    Depending on some settings, the card might not show up (be read) if you are connected to a computer via usb???
    09-17-12 10:31 AM
    I've searched the forum and read related threads but I still don't have an answer so hopefully someone can help me.

I purchased a Sandisk 16GB Micro SDHC Class 4 Memory Card for my Bold 9900.
    My software is all up to date but I've inserted the card and it is not being recognised by the phone at all. As far as I am aware I should be able to insert the card and be ready to go with it. Am I doing something wrong or is the issue likely with the memory card itself?

All help appreciated
    Do yourself a HUGE favor and go with the 16gb Class 10 card - major difference in speed and satisfaction. I had been using my old Class 4 card for a while after moving up to the 9900 and was SHOCKED at the difference after getting a Class 10 card. Got mine at U.S. Wal-Mart for 19.99, same price available in store at Radio Shack about 3 weeks ago last time I was in one.
    09-17-12 10:44 AM
    Thanks for the replies.

I'm coming from using a 1GB SD Card so the whole moving to a Class 10 (the class thiings are so lost on me tbh) isn't of much importance (plus I'm UK based so those stores mentioned are slightly out of the way for me)

My 1GB SD Card reads fine in the phone and the new SDHC Card reads fine when placed into an adapter and inserted into my laptop.

Now staring at the whole thing rather gormlessly hoping it slaps me with an answer
    09-17-12 12:59 PM
    So I have a potential reason for the issue. My 1GB card is of "FAT" format whereas the new one is "FAT32". With the new card in an adapter I've tried to Format it but there is no option to make it "FAT" only "FAT32", "exFAT" and "NTFS".

So if someone could please answer this question: How do I make the new card "FAT"?
    09-17-12 01:28 PM
    Further to previous ramblings.

I've tested the mem card in my 8900 - it recognises it just fine. Is this indicative of a 9900 software issue - even though my 1GB works fine in it?!
    09-17-12 03:48 PM
    I am in the same boat as you now. Memory card is not detected in my 9930. Computer sees it. I don't have another device to test it on. I tried 3 different memory cards, all read by computer, none read by 9930.

It is very frustrating.
    09-17-12 07:13 PM
    So....this happened to me when I got my 9900. Tried various cards. All worked via laptop and other devices. The bold would just not recognize it at all. "Media card is not presently inserted" or something like that was my msg. Tried OS upgrades. No go.
    In the end, I had to replace the memory card reader on the device - works perfectly now.
    09-17-12 08:41 PM
    That's really weird. I have 4 memory cards and they all can be readed by my 9900 without any problems.
    And it also can be readed out on my laptop just fine.
    09-17-12 08:45 PM
    So my bb can finally see the card, how? I had to completely leave the 7,1 OS's behind and drop to 7.0! This'll also probably mean the end of my media player issues the 7.1 series brought.

Not great but I at least now know where the problem was created: Software Updates & my provider seems to be slow at releasing some updates
    09-17-12 09:17 PM
    So....this happened to me when I got my 9900. Tried various cards. All worked via laptop and other devices. The bold would just not recognize it at all. "Media card is not presently inserted" or something like that was my msg. Tried OS upgrades. No go.
    In the end, I had to replace the memory card reader on the device - works perfectly now.
    I was afraid of this. Currently using device memory for wallpapers and ringtones. I no longer trust the media card unfortunately. I am doing one last removal of the card and battery pull, and then giving up on it. I don't use my phone as a music player, so I am fine there.
    09-18-12 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD