Do you guys know which class should I go with? I only need 4-8 GB at max because I will only use it to backup apps and place some songs.

Is there really a difference in Class 4 and Class 8 or 10 when it comes to Bold 9900? I don't want to spend money on a Class 10 card that is overkill for my phone.

Thank you for your insights.
    08-25-11 05:54 PM
    You'll do fine with a class 4. Class 10 is simply overkill, it's a smartphone. Even for 720p video recording, mine works great.
    orlandoroman and mssca like this.
    08-25-11 06:05 PM
    im using the 16 GB card that came with my storm 2, dont know what class it is tho. the other ones i have dont have class markings either
    08-25-11 06:22 PM
    Just get a good ole 16gb card which has a decent brand name to it and dont worry abot anything else and you will be fine.

Dont try and overthink something like a Micro SD card for which you are going to use it for anyway.
    Good luck and dont forget to format it in your device before you load anything on it. This is very important so you avoid future issues with it.
    mssca likes this.
    08-25-11 06:26 PM
    I got a great deal on a 32GB/class 4 microSD card this week...so I got it. I replaced my 8gb/class2 card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mssca likes this.
    08-25-11 06:39 PM
    Buy a well known brand name and go as high a Class as you can afford. I am using now a 32gb micro Class 10 (paid $40 on eBay) and finally got it to work without incidents. Class 10 transfes files way faster than Class 2.

mssca likes this.
    08-25-11 06:46 PM
    Went from a Class 2 to a Class 10 and never going to back to anything less.
    mssca likes this.
    08-25-11 06:58 PM
    I have a class 6 16GB on my 9780 and it works fine.
    mssca likes this.
    08-25-11 06:59 PM
    Do you guys know which class should I go with? I only need 4-8 GB at max because I will only use it to backup apps and place some songs.

Is there really a difference in Class 4 and Class 8 or 10 when it comes to Bold 9900? I don't want to spend money on a Class 10 card that is overkill for my phone.

Thank you for your insights.
    I have a Sandisk MicroSDHC 8GB Class 4 from Costco for around $13.00 in my Sprint Bold 9930. So total I have 13.5 GB (6.2 Internal & 7.3 Media Card)
    08-25-11 07:39 PM
    I put the 4GB MicroSD card that came in my old 9650 in and it was slow as ****. Not sure what class it was, but I just yanked it and am writing pictures straight to the devices memory... Working muuuuch faster.
    08-25-11 07:45 PM
    I've bought tons of microsd cards classes 2 through 10 and what I've learned is you cannot trust the class number printed on the card.

Plug your card into a quality, fast reader and test read and write speeds from your PC. I have class 4 cards that consistently outperform the class 10 cards I have in my possession. This tells me I've bought rebranded or fake cards. Buy from a good retailer and - if speed is important to you (and I'm not suggesting it should be) then a quick test (I use BST5 for testing -> Bart's Stuff Test 5) will let you know where the card falls in the ratings.

FYI, "the Class number represents a multiple of 8 Mbit/s (1 MB/s), the least sustained write speeds for a card in a fragmented state (Class 2, 4, 6) or the minimum non-fragmented sequential write speed (Class 10)" (per the SD card association).
    mssca and jsn204 like this.
    08-26-11 09:26 AM
    I have a class 2 that I use and class 4 that I use. The class 2 came with previous phone and the class 4 I bought at walmart. In all honesty I can't tell the difference in the speed. They are both about the the same. I just purchased a 16GB class 2 accord to the description.
    08-26-11 09:38 AM
    I have an 8GB class 6 card in mine from AData. Had it for a few years already and can snap pics very quickly. I wouldn't go below Class 4.

I keep forgetting there's a lot more room on the 9900 and didn't xfer more music over to my phone
    08-26-11 09:44 AM
    I have a class 4 16gb card in mine. have no issues at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-26-11 10:10 AM
    I've bought tons of microsd cards classes 2 through 10 and what I've learned is you cannot trust the class number printed on the card.

Plug your card into a quality, fast reader and test read and write speeds from your PC. I have class 4 cards that consistently outperform the class 10 cards I have in my possession. This tells me I've bought rebranded or fake cards. Buy from a good retailer and - if speed is important to you (and I'm not suggesting it should be) then a quick test (I use BST5 for testing -> Bart's Stuff Test 5) will let you know where the card falls in the ratings.

FYI, "the Class number represents a multiple of 8 Mbit/s (1 MB/s), the least sustained write speeds for a card in a fragmented state (Class 2, 4, 6) or the minimum non-fragmented sequential write speed (Class 10)" (per the SD card association).
    ^This^
    The higher the class, the faster you can write TO the card. It does not effect reading from the card.

08-26-11 10:13 AM
    I recently bought a PNY 16gb class 10 at newegg for $30 shipped.
    08-26-11 10:28 AM
    PNY Technologies - 32GB High Speed microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card - PSDU32G10TEFM1

It says backordered, but I did a in-store pickup. $60 for a PNY 32GB Class 10, and after my reward zone certificates it was only $5. Definitely a good deal if you can find one at your local BestBuy and you have some gift cards to use as $60 is already pretty cheap for a brand name Class 10 card.
    08-26-11 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD