With all the battery enhancements to 7.1 and device analyzer do you think its even wise to have meterberry monitoring the battery? Or just another app consuming battery?

I don't know if that app specifically caused poor battery performance, but I found myself obsessed with keeping the numbers up and wondered if I was better off without it. It was nice to see the discharge rate among other things, but I don't know if its necessary now with DA and battery save mode with the latest 7.1 release.

Thoughts?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-03-12 09:46 AM
    With all the battery enhancements to 7.1 and device analyzer do you think its even wise to have meterberry monitoring the battery? Or just another app consuming battery?

I don't know if that app specifically caused poor battery performance, but I found myself obsessed with keeping the numbers up and wondered if I was better off without it. It was nice to see the discharge rate among other things, but I don't know if its necessary now with DA and battery save mode with the latest 7.1 release.

Thoughts?

I too am in the same position, but I ran meterberry for a week and was getting horrible battery on .267 with battery save mode on. I didn't think ~10% per hour (hardly using it) was anywhere close to what I was getting before the app so I uninstalled it. Now getting good battery life again.

so my vote: just another app consuming battery
    03-03-12 09:52 AM
    I deleted mine didn't see any difference so its gone. Too many apps running in the background !

03-03-12 09:53 AM
    I think the built in battery monitor by RIM on the latest leaked OS 7.1 is drains my battery more than any other app.

Anyone here have the Device Analyzer Battery Test turn on and found that the battery drains like you are in a bad reception area for 24 hours?

RIM's battery analyzer is darning the s**t out of my battery.
    03-03-12 09:57 AM
    Had MeterBerry on my 9900 for months and am currently running .267

Idles at under 1%

If you check in app management you should find that MeterBerry uses virtually no CPU.

Having said that it does not fully function on OS7 and the developer Giant Cashew posted sometime in January that an update is currently being worked on.

Coincidentally, I sent a PM to Giant Cashew earlier today asking for a progress report on the update. Will post with news if I get a reply.

Bottom line for me is that MeterBerry is not a battery eater
    Golf-Guy likes this.
    03-03-12 10:04 AM
    MeterBerry uses next to nothing whilst running in the background.

If you're suffering poor battery life, look elsewhere because it isn't MeterBerry!
    03-03-12 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD