For some reason my BB has suddenly gotten stuck thinking that I have a new message. My notifications are set up so that the new message envelop shows up when a new message comes in (without the unread message count), and then goes away once I open the messages app. However, for some reason now that's not happening. It's stuck always telling me that there's a new message, and won't go away.

I have my messages set up to display all emails and social network messages, but have text messages separated. Text notifications are fine, however I have noticed that if someone sends me 2 in a row, the LED will not stop blinking (as if it only recognizes that one of the messages was read). I have an app (LED Reset) that will make the LED work properly again, but this message icon is really annoying me.

I've tried a battery pull, looking for unread saved messages, looking for missed calls, reconciling messages, including text messages with my email (to force a regroup), leaving myself a voice mail and deleting it, and I'm about to resend service books to see what happens. I'm really not trying to do a wipe or OS reinstall... I just don't have the time to be messing with that.

Is there anything that can be done here? I've never had this issue before. I'm running AT&T's 7.1 release (.694), and being that I have AT&T I cannot use another OS because of the mic issue.

Much thanks.
    10-10-12 01:07 PM
    For some reason my BB has suddenly gotten stuck thinking that I have a new message. My notifications are set up so that the new message envelop shows up when a new message comes in (without the unread message count), and then goes away once I open the messages app. However, for some reason now that's not happening. It's stuck always telling me that there's a new message, and won't go away.

I have my messages set up to display all emails and social network messages, but have text messages separated. Text notifications are fine, however I have noticed that if someone sends me 2 in a row, the LED will not stop blinking (as if it only recognizes that one of the messages was read). I have an app (LED Reset) that will make the LED work properly again, but this message icon is really annoying me.

I've tried a battery pull, looking for unread saved messages, looking for missed calls, reconciling messages, including text messages with my email (to force a regroup), leaving myself a voice mail and deleting it, and I'm about to resend service books to see what happens. I'm really not trying to do a wipe or OS reinstall... I just don't have the time to be messing with that.

Is there anything that can be done here? I've never had this issue before. I'm running AT&T's 7.1 release (.694), and being that I have AT&T I cannot use another OS because of the mic issue.

Much thanks.
    I've experienced that once since upgrading to 7.1 on AT&T. I used QuickPull (AppWorld) to re-set the phone, which cleared the problem. I noted that you did a battery pull, but perhaps QuickPull, with it's space-clearing feature, does a bit more.
    10-10-12 02:15 PM
    Figured it out, there was one message (an online receipt that was chilling in my Gmail). No idea why it chose to behave differently than other emails, but I opened it and the notification went away. Truly a head scratcher.
    10-10-12 03:37 PM