I have noticed that even when I have no unread messages, I see the yellow message icon at the top of the screen with certain apps (e.g. browser, Facebook). See screen shots. I can't figure out where this phantom "message" is or how to get rid of the icon when I'm in an app.

I'm running the latest BB OS for Sprint.

(oops - I tried attaching screen shots but they didn't show up - editing to try again)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    [IMG]html

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Connection: close

Vary: Accept-Encoding

X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.15-1~dotdeb.0

Content-Encoding: gzip

‹��vŒ�R�())�����M�+I,H,I���K���71257ON��5O�H�MKM2� �*H5�w4

[/IMG]
    Last edited by kellyjsox; 08-13-12 at 05:21 PM.
    08-13-12 05:10 PM
    have you tried a battery pull
    08-13-12 05:42 PM
    So you don't see it on the home screen, but you do see it when you're in apps such as the browser? Interesting.

I would say do a battery pull first. You might also try opening up the messages app, scrolling all the way to the top, push the BB key, then choose "Mark Prior Read."

I'll be interested to hear an update.
    08-13-12 11:02 PM
    I did a battery pull and that cleared it. BUT... now the message icon is back on the main screen. I did the "Mark prior read" thing with no success. Any other suggestions?

08-16-12 10:58 AM
    I did a battery pull and that cleared it. BUT... now the message icon is back on the main screen. I did the "Mark prior read" thing with no success. Any other suggestions?

You might wanna try a new OS. I don't know what that could be
    08-16-12 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD