Hey everyone

Still loving the Bold 9900 (iphone convert!)

Has anyone any experience with the Bold 9900 and either the VISEEO Bluetooth HFP module for Mercedes cars, or the official Bluetooth HFP Module???

I am referring to the unit that slides into the centre arm rest, linking through to either the audio system (Audio 20) or the COMAND (which I don't have but is similar).....

I have the VISEEO and it kind of works......pairs up, contacts show up.???

But....sometimes, even thought its paired, a call will come in and can be answered but no audio is heard.... A quick power reset on the VISEEO re-pairs and all is good.....also, even though the contacts sync and appear on the display, when a call comes in it only shows the number, not the contact name

Just wondered if anyone is using the VISEEO ?

I have ordered the Mercedes official HFP Bluetooth module and hope that is better, if anyone has one of these and is using the Bold 9900 it would be great to hear your experience!!! Does it sync/pair every time you get in the car?

Kind of expect that as the phone is so new that perhaps there is some catch up on either the phone or the Bluetooth modules maybe?

Cheers!
    09-18-11 02:13 PM
    Sell the Merc and get a BMW. You'd be happier and wouldn't care if the 9900 bonds with it or not. The pleasure of driving a BMW is reward enough..Never mind we BMW drivers are seen as d*cks by the rest of the automobile fraternity.
    09-18-11 02:45 PM
    Sell the Merc and get a BMW. You'd be happier and wouldn't care if the 9900 bonds with it or not. The pleasure of driving a BMW is reward enough..Never mind we BMW drivers are seen as d*cks by the rest of the automobile fraternity.
    Cannot disagree!!! Just sold the BMW to buy the Merc!!! Merc is practical, BMW was a drivers car.....

Sadly, Bluetooth options are going to be cheaper for me to sort than a car change!!

;-)
    09-18-11 02:48 PM
    Qft. But the bluetooth works fine in my bimmer

On topic: is this a snap in adapter for your benz? What I mean by that is, your car didn't come equipped originally with bt and this is the benz work around? Who is the manufacturer of the said device? BMWs snap in is motorola and they work fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 03:31 PM
    I have ordered the Mercedes official HFP Bluetooth module and hope that is better, if anyone has one of these and is using the Bold 9900 it would be great to hear your experience!!! Does it sync/pair every time you get in the car?

Kind of expect that as the phone is so new that perhaps there is some catch up on either the phone or the Bluetooth modules maybe?

Cheers!
    I have the official Mercedes Bluetooth module and it connects up fine with the Bold 9900 as far as pairing is concerned. It doesn't automatically sync phone numbers, though, and hasn't with any BlackBerry. There are actually two Bluetooth systems in the Merc - one is built in and when you couple your handheld to it you can download your phone numbers to the Merc head unit; the second is the one you clip into the armrest and that manages calls; you couple to that as a separate operation.

The end result is that changes to your contact list don't automatically update to the car, and you don't see your BlackBerry contact list on the COMAND screen, just the numbers you've copied across. This sounds more of a pain that it actually is - it takes at least as long (and is much more fiddly) dialling from the car's COMAND system as it does dialling from the BlackBerry itself, and either way the calls route via Bluetooth through the car's audio.
    09-19-11 03:49 AM
    Qft. But the bluetooth works fine in my bimmer

On topic: is this a snap in adapter for your benz? What I mean by that is, your car didn't come equipped originally with bt and this is the benz work around? Who is the manufacturer of the said device? BMWs snap in is motorola and they work fine

the Merc has a UHI adaptor under the arm rest - you can either fit MB range of dedicated phone adaptors, or an MB bluetooth adaptor that covers most BT phones

i went for the VISEEO adaptor that is another manufacturer, uses the sam MB connector under the arm rest, and tends to work better with most phones than MB's own BT adaptor!!

But, I'm getting glitches of operation and wonder if it is BB, Viseeo or a combination of both

will try with a dedicated MB BT module
    09-19-11 04:24 AM
    I have the official Mercedes Bluetooth module and it connects up fine with the Bold 9900 as far as pairing is concerned. It doesn't automatically sync phone numbers, though, and hasn't with any BlackBerry. There are actually two Bluetooth systems in the Merc - one is built in and when you couple your handheld to it you can download your phone numbers to the Merc head unit; the second is the one you clip into the armrest and that manages calls; you couple to that as a separate operation.

The end result is that changes to your contact list don't automatically update to the car, and you don't see your BlackBerry contact list on the COMAND screen, just the numbers you've copied across. This sounds more of a pain that it actually is - it takes at least as long (and is much more fiddly) dialling from the car's COMAND system as it does dialling from the BlackBerry itself, and either way the calls route via Bluetooth through the car's audio.
    to be honest, i agree with you, pretty much any BT device i have used (BMW, Merc etc) i tend to use the phone to dial, or steering wheel to answer/end, because the majority of built in systems tend to be fiddly to select and dial contacts!

so, if the MB BT unit allows pairing and connection every time, i would be happy with that - the VISEEO, whilst good, isn't really getting the pairing 'right' every time - it shows connected, but either no pickup from wheel, or no audio when answered means i have to switch the power on the VISEEO each time i get in the car (even after a short step out to fill up fuel) in order to guarantee that incoming and outgoing calls will work through the audio system (audio 20, not COMAND)

which MB BT have you got? the one in the arm rest or the in built COMAND version??
    09-19-11 04:27 AM
    I own an Audi S5 with the MMI system. My bluetooth connection does NOT send the phonebook to the car's display. My Bold 9780 used to work perfect, but the 9900 is not. I played around with the bluetooth options of the phone and having "Contacts Transfer" set to "All" did not help anything as it was the default selection when I paired the phone anyways. I tried this with my brother's car that has the same system and it still did not work. After re-pairing the phone like more than 10 times, I tried having the "Contacts Transfer" set to "selected" and I marked work and personal categories. After this my contacts showed up on the car's display, but with some mistakes. For example, I used to have amblems next to contacts such as home, work or mobile, but now I only have the phone amblem normally used for the "other" phone numbers of contacts. I also have all the contacts as First Name, Last Name...before it was always Last Name, First Name. Anyways I feel like my phonebook just showed up and it won't be updating as I add contacts to my phone. I'll give that a try. To summarize, I hope this is not a bluetooth hardware issue and it will be sorted out by software updates cause I really don't wanna send my phone to service and try to explain this issue to the service guy who will be chatting in facebook and have absolutely no clue about what I'm saying...and probably take apart my phone and try to replace the bluetooth

Buying the newest and most technological BB and having issues with bluetooth that I use daily in my car...which worked perfectly with 9780...is a real let down. I have all my computer related stuff from Apple but am a committed 5 years BB user. Giving a try to the iPhone 5 has really crossed my mind because of this.
    09-19-11 04:35 AM
    watch out on iphone! previous versions really didn't play nicely with my previous car (BMW built in BT) and then magically, after several os updates, it started to work!

to be honest, MB BT is not as good/flexible as BMW BT......but, i have an MB and need to get it working!!

kind of not bothered about caller display/selection etc, just need a good, reliable pairing every time i get in the car that will allow BT handsfree through the car audio, with accept and hangup via the steering wheel - if i can get that from the MB BT module that i have now ordered i will be happy............ contact/phonebook transfer has always been hit and miss with me since my Windows Mobile days (yes, i did say that out loud! )
    09-19-11 04:42 AM
    which MB BT have you got? the one in the arm rest or the in built COMAND version??
    Both - the built in one is only for transfer of contacts and doesn't handle calls. The one in the armrest does that. It's something of a con trick on Mercedes's part - they say the car is "Bluetooth-prepared", by which they mean you still have to fork out 200 for the clip-in unit in the armrest but then it works fine.
    09-20-11 03:58 AM
    Get you a Lexus LX570 (on my 2nd unit) and you will find it works perfectly with the 9900, SG2 and iPhone 4. Phone book and all!
    09-20-11 04:21 AM
    Both - the built in one is only for transfer of contacts and doesn't handle calls. The one in the armrest does that. It's something of a con trick on Mercedes's part - they say the car is "Bluetooth-prepared", by which they mean you still have to fork out 200 for the clip-in unit in the armrest but then it works fine.
    got the MB BT module today and all is good (so far)
    pairs first time and transfers contacts over too !!!
    thanks for advice and info
    09-20-11 02:21 PM
    i have the bmw 5 and bb 9900 all bluetoothed up and includes; making receiving calls, full phonebook with contact images on display, bluetooth audio file playback, all messages sym
    nc and speech readout. i think the snap in adapter (if it ever comes) only adds charging and use of car aerial,
    10-20-11 03:15 PM
    Just an fyi, I know with BMW, the 9900 is still not an officially "approved" device with its idrive system. This probably means the same for merc and audi

10-20-11 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD