Hi, I bought the 9900 4 days ago and it was running perfectly fine until this morning when I noticed the menu button was less responsive. It seems it now needs more pressure from my finger for it to work.

I read a thread posted some months ago that it might fix itself after some time of use..

Any suggestions? Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do? Did it fix by itself in time?

Thanks
    01-02-12 06:53 PM
    Might even be a software thing. What OS are you running? Maybe try updating.

I have a 9930 and have never experienced that problem.
    01-02-12 07:42 PM
    Could it be? Well I'm still at .353 since I find it speedy enough coming from a 9800 lol. It feels like a hardware issue though because it's not like it doesn't registers the press.. It just needs more pressure which is annoying as specially while trying to do things fast.
    01-02-12 09:20 PM
    I'm not entirely sure. I just know that there is a possibility that its software. I remember with the Storm series devices software updates would change how much pressure was needed for the surepress screen to register a command, and I've heard of users updating software when they had problems with keys and buttons.

Definitely could be hardware though. Take it to your carrier and see what they say maybe? Could be covered by warranty.
    01-02-12 09:27 PM
    it's hardware, not software!
    01-02-12 09:57 PM
    Got warranty?
    01-02-12 10:12 PM
    Got warranty?
    Yeah. Was kinda hoping to avoid dealing with my phone company since they suck and probably will leave me with a crappy replacement berry while they determine wether to give me a new unit or not.

I envy you guys getting your faulty phones replaced AND delivered to your homes without question lol
    01-02-12 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD