Hi guys,

Every 2-3 days the amount of free memory I have drops a lot.. from 200MB to 100MB or less, and it stays like this until I restart. Is this normal? I'm not sure if its an app causing it or what...

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    01-16-12 04:53 PM
    I've only had mine a few days, but I definitely haven't experienced this, nor have I heard of any memory leaks. It could be an app...
    01-16-12 05:10 PM
    I have this too, even after reloading my OS (with no apps installed after) about a day I'm getting around 100 - 125 mb left :s
    01-16-12 05:22 PM
    Mine does the same and it goes back to normal if I take the battery out.
    01-16-12 05:27 PM
    Some apps require a menu/close or menu/shutdown to not be running minimized in the background. You can easily check what is running by pressing and holding the menu (bb) key. This brings up the app switcher, other than the standard 5-browser, home, messages, bbm and phone there should be little else running. I would start there and see whats up. If all looks right it just may be a recently downloaded app causing the leak. I have 12 apps and my memory stays intact through a 2 day period, but I am aware of the ones that close using the return key and which require a shutdown from the menu. Out of habit from the old school I do soft reboot every day or two. Keeps things clean, I also clear my browser cache and history around the same time. Hope this may help some. Happy hunting!

Sent from my CrackBook on Crackberry.com using Blackberry Bridge.
    01-16-12 09:50 PM
    Hi guys thanks for the help.. I tried closing all backgrounds apps whenever I dont need them, but I still seem to need to do a reboot every 2 or so days. If I don't reboot, the phone starts to get slow. Sometimes it'll get warmer and lose battery faster too.

I tried to look for a troublesome app but the CPU activity for all of them seem very reasonable..
    01-22-12 09:03 PM
    I have noticed a drop in free memory while playing media. My device sits idle at work while I'll play music from my media card. I've seen a drop of 30-40 MB. It comes back after a I let it sit for awhile.
    01-22-12 09:32 PM
    Wow, I take back my initial comment. Memory leak is huge on this thing. I went from over 200MB free to 153MB in just a couple days.
    01-22-12 11:19 PM
    Wow, I take back my initial comment. Memory leak is huge on this thing. I went from over 200MB free to 153MB in just a couple days.
    same here. from 150+ to 80+..
    01-23-12 06:27 AM
    Try to sync all/reload OS/Delete some useless apps ..

It worked for me when i tried to sync all..
    01-23-12 06:40 AM
    I lost +/- 40 mb and then it stopped right there until I restart the phone.
    01-24-12 12:55 AM
    I'm down to 137 from just over 200.
    01-24-12 12:56 AM
    First off, I generally swap batteries as oppsed to charging the phone. This means that I reset my phone on a daily basis. I also believe this keeps the device performing at peak levels. Think about it, if you leave your computer on for days, it will slow down, although you might not notice it.
    I've tried almost every leaked OS, and there's always some memory leak. I wasn't too bothered about it, until yesterday. I noticed that I had lost about 60MB in just a few hours. The device actually started displaying the dreaded clock symbol every few seconds in a rhythmic manner.
    So I started deleting apps that I suspected to be causing the problem. Nothing helped, until I noticed a bad drop right after I opened the Social Feeds app. I removed it, and what do you know, everything is back to normal!
    Now, the problem with Social Feeds is that it comes as part of the installation, so it could be on your device and you might not even know it.
    The good news is that it is easily removable through the App Management in Options.
    I'm on 7.1.0.190.
    Hope this helps.
    01-24-12 01:52 AM
    I was losing about 30 mb a day on 7.1.0.190 but it stopped when I switched to the new 205 leak.
    01-24-12 02:34 AM
    ^I'll have to give .205 a whirl. I wanted to give it a few days to see what everyone thought of it.
    01-24-12 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD