Have been tracking it down. Losing 25-30mb over the course of the day. Was thinking it was from either Facebook or BBM group left open. Kept closed all day still having leaks of the same amt. Thinking maybe its leaving the browser open? Any one else? I have been using meterberry to track
    08-20-11 05:39 PM
    Its a blackberry, its to be expected.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 06:09 PM
    Mine too. Not to the extent that you indicate, but I do notice usable memory drop little by little throughout the course of a day - particularly after using the browser. Culprit? Not sure.

There is a way to see how much memory an app is using at any given point.
    - home screen Options/Device/Application Management .. once in there, swipe right twice to get to the Memory screen. You'll see what app is using up memory.
    Oh okay, yes I went to that screen and browser is at 130.1mb. Phone still seems to run fine. Was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing it.
    08-20-11 06:14 PM
    Its a blackberry, its to be expected.

Meh.. Not to that extent, but thanks
    doowop5 likes this.
    08-20-11 06:15 PM
    We've been fighting memory leaks with 97xx for almost 2 years now.

What can we say other than Rim deliver us an OS that developers can deliver stable apps?

08-20-11 06:19 PM

What can we say other than Rim deliver us an OS that developers can deliver stable apps?

Oh I hear you to a point. I don't remember having that big of a leak since my 9000. Didn't remember it on my 9800 or 9780 or 9700. I think my large amount may be user error though so wanted to check.
    08-20-11 06:22 PM
    It shows max 142 ish for the past few days for the browser. What are you all getting ?
    08-20-11 06:24 PM
    Yeah browser is definitely taking a lot of it. Guess I will close windows down. Even though its leaking phone still performs fine. Loving this phone.
    08-20-11 06:48 PM
    it could be worth listing what apps you all have, i only have wikitude, fb, rollercoaster 3d, angry farm, appworld 3.o and six tools installed at the mo, but i have had NO memory loss at all, was at 210 this morning, is now (jus gone 1am) at 210.5 so no change really, could it be an app you have installed causing this?

and yes im on vodafone uk build .296
    08-20-11 07:03 PM
    it could be worth listing what apps you all have, i only have wikitude, fb, rollercoaster 3d, angry farm, appworld 3.o and six tools installed at the mo, but i have had NO memory loss at all, was at 210 this morning, is now (jus gone 1am) at 210.5 so no change really, could it be an app you have installed causing this?

and yes im on vodafone uk build .296
    I have all those you listed and maybe a few more. The only 3rd party apps I have used though are 6 tools, twitter, facebook, word rival, fightin words and 4 square today. Oh and meterberry.

I checked the times the bigger chunk of losses happen and seems to be the browser. I usually leave windows open on the browser
    08-20-11 07:07 PM

sorry but I'm not agree with you....i have four Bold 9700 devices in my family running 30+ apps and different OS on each and never experienced any memory leak, 9700 is known as good stable device. Bold 9000...yes it has memory leak problem on every OS release.
    08-20-11 08:34 PM
    I have all those you listed and maybe a few more. The only 3rd party apps I have used though are 6 tools, twitter, facebook, word rival, fightin words and 4 square today. Oh and meterberry.

I checked the times the bigger chunk of losses happen and seems to be the browser. I usually leave windows open on the browser
    a friend of mine was saying the foursquare app was killing his battery but i didnt ask about memory, now obviously that could just be him, and so i wouldnt wanna say its definitly it, but maybe with the apps uninstall for a day and see how it goes then reinstall if it wasnt the cause, that way you can eliminate them one by one to find the solution, i know it may take a day or two, but its worth figurin out. personally i dont use foursquare, word rival or fightin words so i cant say as to if they are the cause or not.
    ratchetjaw#AC likes this.
    08-20-11 09:02 PM
    a friend of mine was saying the foursquare app was killing his battery but i didnt ask about memory, now obviously that could just be him, and so i wouldnt wanna say its definitly it, but maybe with the apps uninstall for a day and see how it goes then reinstall if it wasnt the cause, that way you can eliminate them one by one to find the solution, i know it may take a day or two, but its worth figurin out. personally i dont use foursquare, word rival or fightin words so i cant say as to if they are the cause or not.
    Thanks. Good idea. I will uninstall 4square for a day. Just started using it so may vary well be one of the culprits
    08-20-11 09:16 PM
    I'm on .317 and also now .317 based hybrid and I actually gain 1 mb app storage throughout the day. Almost 20 hrs running and sitting at 246 mb free.
    08-20-11 09:16 PM
    I'm on .317 and also now .317 based hybrid and I actually gain 1 mb app storage throughout the day. Almost 20 hrs running and sitting at 246 mb free.
    I had looked at that hybrid. Was thinking of trying but need to read up more on installing hybrids. I did one once on my 9000, seems like I remember it being more steps involved?
    08-20-11 09:19 PM
    I had looked at that hybrid. Was thinking of trying but need to read up more on installing hybrids. I did one once on my 9000, seems like I remember it being more steps involved?
    if the hybrid is alrady compiled (which it normally is as the genius hybriders are awesome) then its not any extra steps, although some people do like to `shrink` the OS before installing but thats not a pre-reqresite.

my personal thoughts would be to attempt to find the original cause first (which by your other post saying you`ll try uninstalling to check wil hopefully happen) as i know for the 9900 there are higher OS`s out there, iv seen .328 hit my webstats, and of course we`ve seen .340 for the 9930 leak, so id imagine a 9900 leak isnt far away anyways, but yea finding the cause first will help ya in the long run
    08-20-11 09:32 PM
    if the hybrid is alrady compiled (which it normally is as the genius hybriders are awesome) then its not any extra steps, although some people do like to `shrink` the OS before installing but thats not a pre-reqresite.

my personal thoughts would be to attempt to find the original cause first (which by your other post saying you`ll try uninstalling to check wil hopefully happen) as i know for the 9900 there are higher OS`s out there, iv seen .328 hit my webstats, and of course we`ve seen .340 for the 9930 leak, so id imagine a 9900 leak isnt far away anyways, but yea finding the cause first will help ya in the long run
    Yes thank you again. Already uninstalled Foursquare. Going to run it like this tonight and tomorrow for awhile and see and go from there
    08-20-11 09:35 PM
    Well seems the big memory leak was foursquare app. Since deleting had a loss or just around 2.5-4mb off and on. That sounds about right compared to the 32mb I was having
    08-22-11 08:50 AM
    that's why i said 768mb is not enough.
    08-22-11 09:32 AM
    that's why i said 768mb is not enough.
    Wasn't having any performance issues though, I think its enough. Was just trying to find the source and we did
    08-22-11 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD