saw an introductory video "all you need to know about 9900 for 10mins".

the remaining app memory left about 188mb.

Would it be sufficient ???

OS7 is taken up too much memory space !

Imagine Iphone 4 with 512mb memory, after iOS 4 installation, it still gives a pretty enough memory space about 330mb.
    08-15-11 09:31 AM
    There are numerous threads about this already and discussed to death.

In short, yes, there IS enough space for apps, etc. Keep in mind that carriers load up all sorts of junk on the phone, plus there are all the language options installed as well. The 188MB you saw in the video is an indication of what's left when there's lots of that junk installed "out-of-the-box".

Do a wipe and fresh install of an OS and you'll have more than enough space for apps. Keep in mind apps for Blackberry devices are generally much smaller than for other devices. So again, you won't run out of app memory space.

Fair enough but id like to see a non network 9900 memory useage ie is it still 188mb or more??...i understand that carriers install alot of thier own junk...thats why i dont get them, i get unbranded BB's..always have done and alwasy will do. But there shouldnt be any carrier junk on a non network branded 9900...
    08-15-11 01:16 PM
    I will say I was one of the vocal ones about memory and how little it seemed, but when you compare app sizes and memory utilization BBOS vs iOS vs Android OS lots of storage space can lead to bloated apps and poor written code. Don't get me wrong more internal storage is always better, but to what end should we expect RIM to go, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB or more? Hopefully the future of QNX phones won't be half-baked out of the gate.
    08-15-11 08:13 PM
    If you didn't have a problem before on OS6 devices, you won't have a problem now.
    08-15-11 08:16 PM
    Buddy, I have a 9780 that 512 MB of memory. The OS takes like 220 MB or so, I installed 40 applications and themes, and I still have 250 MB of free memory. I can't think of one more application or game to install.

Don't let the 188 MB figure scare you. Make no mistake, BB Apps are compact and that average between 200 - 600 kb most of the time.

The max I've seen an app go is BrainWave Tuner and that is because it contains alot of tunes built into it to sooth your mind to the mood you desire. Otherwise,with 188 MB, you'd be able to install many apps and still have a lot more room.

Furthermore, new apps such as games, are designed to take advantage of the onboard memory.

Picture this, let's say you install a game like Need for Speed (just an example), the actual game textures, graphics, multimedia, is stored on the phone's 8 GB memory.

The actual game engine has to go on the phone's memory though but it would be small relatively. So the whole game might take up to 5 MB on your phone's memory, and the remaning game data would be stored on the phone's memory (8 GB).

The 9900 is a very smart device, that works differently

PS: I honestly think the 9780 has more memory than is required. Way more. I have half my memory sitting there untutilized for months. Not saying that's bad, its always better to have more than run short. But what I'm trying to say is that I am a guy who has all sorts of apps you may think of, even apps for joks for god's sake. I have all stuff that I need, or don't need, and still have plenty of room left The 9900 should be no different.
    Last edited by technology-fanboy; 08-15-11 at 08:30 PM.
    08-15-11 08:21 PM
    It's enough memory for OS7. Unfortunately, it pretty much guarantees the 9900 couldn't run QNX even if every other spec of the phone was sufficient, which it probably would be.
    08-15-11 08:39 PM