I just got the new Blackberry Bold today. At the store, they tried switching over my memory card from my old Blackberry to my new one. A message came up on the new phone that said "do you want to repair some errors on the card" or something like that? The pictures on the memory card did not save to my new phone. They suggested I use the Blackberry Desktop to transfer everything from the memory card. When I got home, I tried to do this. I got some kind of message and the pictures did not show up on the Blackberry Desktop. However, a file was saved to my documents entitled "Loader Backup.IPD", which I believe is supposed to be the memory card. When I tried to open it, it was not the correct program to open it up with. When I selected the Blackberry Desktop program, nothing came up. But the size of the file indicates that there is stuff in it.

I then tried putting the memory card back into my old phone, and the pictures were not on my old phone. So I took the memory card out, put it back in, and again they still weren't there. When I took it out again, it snapped in half.

I guess the only hope in retrieving what was on that memory card, would be if it did indeed save the first time to that "Loader Backup.IPD" file and it can be opened up somehow. Does anyone know what program I can open this file with or if there is anything else I can do?
    02-11-12 04:35 PM
    You don't need Deskptop manager to transfer your files from memiry card to another. Treat the 2 memory cards like flash drives. Copy your old to your desktop. Format your new one then click and drag your file from your old card on to the new one.

Fulfilling my Crackberry addiction from my 9930 using Tapatalk
    Mikey_T likes this.
    02-11-12 06:00 PM
    I had the same issue, my 9900 was throwing that message every time I re-booted the phone. I let it repair the 'errors' each time and it would be fine until the next time. FYI it took a good 20 minutes before a new message popped up saying the repair was finished, and then another 15 minutes or so for the phone to re-catalogue all my photos and music so they'd appear; so you might want to just let it run.

I upgraded to a 32GB class 10 card and haven't had the issue since; my old card was class 4, which the phone didn't seem to like since there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that card.

Previous poster was correct, no need for the DM - just use the cards in adaptors as flash drives or in the phone itself as a USB drive if it will let you.

**Edit to add: sorry - just re-read your post and realized you snapped the original card. In that case I have no advice, sorry about your luck!
    02-11-12 06:06 PM

**Edit to add: sorry - just re-read your post and realized you snapped the original card. In that case I have no advice, sorry about your luck!
    I didn't see that either. Ouch.

Fulfilling my Crackberry addiction from my 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-12-12 11:36 AM
    damn that blows. My old 4gb just died randomly, picked up a kingston 8gb for 10 bux.
    02-12-12 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD