Hey all,

Recently tried to do a battery pull. The battery seemed stuck and I eventually used a ruler to pop it out. When I did, the memory card fell out. When I put the card back in as well as the battery, it said that the memory card had fatal errors.

I have been reading threads here about how to fix the problem and was still hoping for some advice on how to fix it.

- I recently backed up data on the blackberry and I think I backed up the memory card at this time as well, but no idea how to find the memory card files on my Macbook.

- If I go to the options screen and try to repair the card, will that erase the data that may or may not still be on it? Would this be the recommended step?

Any advice at all would be great. It has put a real damper on my bday
    08-13-12 01:12 PM
    Does it give you the option to reformat your media card?

If so, back its contents to your computer, reformat the card in the blackberry, migrate all your files back to your SD card, then reinsert the card to the blackberry.
    08-13-12 01:37 PM
    If you mean in the options to reformat, I think I can select it...

I think I have already backed up the contents of the card on my computer... but can you walk me through how I can make sure.

Not the most technologically aware person so I want to make sure I have the files in a place where I can find them after doing a reformat of the card.

The mini card doesn't automatically fit into the card reader slot on my Macbook to enable me to easily check if the files are still there
    08-13-12 01:43 PM
    Connect your blackberry to the mac and mass storage mode will popup that way you can navigate to your sd card

BlackBerry 9900 On Tapatalk
    08-13-12 01:58 PM
    Okay, I have connected it to my computer... while it seems to be connected, I don't see any blackberry in my Finder menu (to find the media card folder)
    08-13-12 02:08 PM
    If you don't have a microSD card adapter, do what diok_mhf said to do.... Plug your blackberry to the mac and click enable mass storage.

You SD card will then be mounted as a removable disk in Finder. Make sure to copy everything from the SD card to your desktop (or wherever). Once you're certain that everything has been transferred, perform the reformat. It'll say that everything will be wiped from the media card. Once that's done, do the same process as before to mount your SD card and transfer everything back to your BB.

Before you delete the files from your computer just make sure that everything made its way back to the card.

Hope this helps!
    08-13-12 02:11 PM
    I do have the option to just do a restore of 'on board device memory'

Should I do that after reformatting the card?

I have found a back up of all the pictures I wanted in my Blackberry folder on my desk top. The only issue is that I don't see the blackberry in my finder menu at all even though it appears to be connected in the desktop manager.

My initial thought was to reformat the card and then try and drag the files into the blackberry through the finder
    08-13-12 02:14 PM
    Also, I never got a mass storage option. Only USB or charge and the BB isn't appearing in the finder
    08-13-12 02:15 PM
    Don't restore onboard device memory.

If you're BB isn't being mounted in finder then your best bet is to get a microSD card adapter. You can find them anywhere - bestbuy, target, walmart, usually in the camera section.

Once you have the adapter its as simple as inserting the micro card into the adapter and then the adapter into the SD card slot in your macbook.

I know it's such a pain in the you-know-what to use a mac with a BB. Hopefully RIM will issue a HUGE update to the manager... and soon!
    08-13-12 02:42 PM
    Okay... and then I use that to transfer the data?

The thing is, the files I want are already backed up on my computer... I am just having a hard time moving them over
    08-13-12 03:19 PM
    Well moving them over to the SD card will probably be fixed once you format the media card. If you have all of your files already backed up to your computer then you can safely reformat the card.

Once its been corrected you should be able to mount the card as a drive within Finder.

But just make sure that you have everything on your computer beforehand!
    08-13-12 03:47 PM
    Sounds good, thanks. The guy at the store told me the card itself is completely damaged. I am completely baffled as to why. I have never dropped the phone or banged it. It's just yesterday when the battery seemed to stick, I used a ruler to get it out. I feel like the card might have dislodged itself and caused the battery to stick
    08-13-12 04:55 PM
    please i have thesame problem with my 9930 it says fatal error memory card not found, and i have clean the slot, still thesame problem, and letter will write no memorycard found, please insert, what can i do please

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-13-12 05:03 PM
    please i have thesame problem with my 9930 it says fatal error memory card not found, and i have clean the slot, still thesame problem, and letter will write no memorycard found, please insert, what can i do please

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Read the preceding posts. Hopefully it'll resolve your issue.

Sounds good, thanks. The guy at the store told me the card itself is completely damaged. I am completely baffled as to why. I have never dropped the phone or banged it. It's just yesterday when the battery seemed to stick, I used a ruler to get it out. I feel like the card might have dislodged itself and caused the battery to stick
    I mean it's possible that it's totally messed up. But I had the same error pop up and reformatting it solved the issue. Good luck!
    08-13-12 05:20 PM
    If you guys reboot while files are downloading or writing to the card you will get corrupt data that prevents the card from being accessed. You will have to buy an adapter the micro sdcard will fit into. The media card files will still be visible on a pc. Then plug into a pc and delete the most recent file(s). Worked for me. Selecting repair within the blackberry didn't work for me.
    08-14-12 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD