Where is this located? I don't want to take out the battery just to insert/take out the memory card...

Thanks.
    07-19-11 12:50 PM
    Where is this located? I don't want to take out the battery just to insert/take out the memory card...

Thanks.
    It is at the top of the device right after removing the back battery door, you do not need to take the battery out. It goes in towards the camera, I'll try to supply a link in a second to a video or image if I can find one.

EDIT:

Link to video:
    It is shown at 5:22.

Hope this helps, wasn't exactly the easiest or quickest thing for me to do
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 07-19-11 at 01:11 PM.
    07-19-11 01:00 PM

Thanks.
    It also depends on IF you have a memory card installed
    07-19-11 02:44 PM
    It also depends on IF you have a memory card installed
    ummmm......... what...?
    07-19-11 02:46 PM
    ummmm......... what...?
    I believe the 9900 will come with 8GB of on board memory so a SD card is not necessary unless you want more storage space.
    07-19-11 03:06 PM
    I believe the 9900 will come with 8GB of on board memory so a SD card is not necessary unless you want more storage space.
    No, I understand, just their post just sounded weird and didn't make much sense.

RIM is going to supply a memory card with this phone no doubt. Whether it be a crappy 2GB or they bump it up to 4gb OR EVEN an 8gb to compete with the iPhone having 16gb storage or 32gb. RIM isn't stupid, a 2GB memory card is unbelievably cheap to a normal consumer so imagine what rim must get them for, buying them in the millions for bulk. The few pennies it would cost them per memory card, they just throw an extra dollar into the price of the phone and they are making like 5,000% markup on each memory card..

It's simple marketing and business, why would they want to throw away the money made from the memory cards, although it is obviously not THAT much in perspective, but it is also an extra feature they can use to market it. "8GB internal storage AND a 4GB Micro SD! That is 12GB of storage!"

They didn't just raise the internal storage to 8GB to replace having to supply the memory card, they have it for future updates etc. just incase.

My backup for shortcutme, berrybuzz, etc. are all saved to the memory card.. What use would a backup for an APP be if it was on the internal harddrive to only be erased when updating the OS doing a clean install. RIM knows the memory card is a necessity even with their great 8GB internal now, they aren't stupid, they are going to supply AT LEAST a 2GB, probably a 4GB and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they included an 8GB.. They aren't going to cut corners with this phone.. They NEED it to do well with how much time and effort they have put into it and how much they have on the line.
    07-19-11 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD