I noticed this the other day. I open Memopad and I can see my memos flash on the screen and then "No Memos" and they are all gone. It finally opened and my memos were there.

Now it has happened again but so far re-opening it has only shown them flash quickly and then the "No memos" message appears.

I guess I will see if there's a backup but anyone seen behavior like that?

Thanks in advance?

Maybe I should take this to more than the 99xx forum.

edited to add: I used BB Protect to restore them. The first time I tried to open, I got the same "No memos" but upon doing it again, they are back. But now I'm not sure I can trust what had never been an issue before.
    Last edited by F2; 04-05-12 at 08:32 AM.
    04-05-12 08:29 AM
    I've had my Verizon 9930 running OS 7.1.0.163 for a couple of weeks now. I have not seen the behavior you describe. I'm a BES user, so my Memopad entries are synced to Outlook Notes. That might or might not make a difference.
    04-05-12 11:42 AM
    Well, I have synced with Outlook when I've done the occasional backup with DM. But I've only had the phone about a month so have not done a lot of backups. Protect did restore although with the the blip at first. Maybe I will erase them all and restore from DM/Protect.
    04-05-12 12:10 PM
    F2, this has happened to me as well. I haven't found any solution, but just wanted to let you know that you're not the only person experiencing it.
    04-05-12 02:37 PM
    F2, this has happened to me as well. I haven't found any solution, but just wanted to let you know that you're not the only person experiencing it.
    Thanks, I guess! (just to make sure, I appreciate your making it known that you have the problem - my comment was kind of like misery likes company.)

I have left it open at the moment. I am going to look over the various entries to see if one of them has odd characters or some such. But I don't think so. I don't think that I've cut or pasted anything INTO them. I've occasionally copied out of them. Most were imported from my 9650/Bold but the format should be the same.

JeffH: Do you know if rim has a place to report such issues (as I'm sure the carrier could care less) like they do for PB issues?
    Last edited by F2; 04-05-12 at 06:30 PM.
    04-05-12 04:15 PM
    I have been using BBnote pad. Saves to Media card and uses the letter P for a hotkey. Love it and couldn't live without it!

http://www.coolove.pcriot.com/bbnote.../BBNotePad.jad
    04-05-12 07:39 PM
    I have been using BBnote pad. Saves to Media card and uses the letter P for a hotkey. Love it and couldn't live without it!

http://www.coolove.pcriot.com/bbnote.../BBNotePad.jad
    Does it sync with Outlook Notes?
    04-05-12 07:41 PM
    Good question Jeff, let me check.
    04-05-12 07:47 PM
    Sorry Jeff I have to run, but here's the link to its homepage. I don't use outlook anymore.

BBNotePad Home
    04-05-12 07:50 PM
    Thanks for the link. It doesn't appear that it syncs with Outlook.
    04-05-12 08:16 PM
    Does it sync with Outlook Notes?
    No it does not SYNC. But it can save to Memopad and open a memo. I have used it for ever. Kept my Europe log and similar trip logs using bbnotepad.

And interesting - it finds my memos while Memopad is again having trouble.
    Last edited by F2; 04-06-12 at 12:06 AM.
    04-06-12 12:04 AM
    Torch 9810 OS 7.x I have the same problem. Open MemoPad, "no Memos". Close, open, there are my memos. Close, open, "No Memos". Good news I guess is that if I open it enough times, I see my memos. Tried installing My Notes Free but it wouldn't open once I installed it.
    01-20-14 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD