Great phone, but going blind trying to use that small screen after using the 9800 for a year.

I'm 41, don't need glasses... But, whether it's Flixter, or Score, or the tiny words on half the websites that won't resize properly, I'll go blind on this phone. Yes, the keyboard is way better, but I'd rather deal with the imperfections of the torch slider form factor, then feel dizzy looking at a highly pixelated screen. If double click actually worked then not a problem. Plus, pinch too zoom is a real pain on the small screen, and the touchscreen sensitivity is too fast on steroids.

I was super stoked for this phone. Ah, what a bummer.

Meh!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 10:05 AM
    How old are you 3?

Speczorz and Aceroller like this.
    08-25-11 10:18 AM
    I have them both and like them both but lean/use the 9900 more. Just can't give up the keyboard. The 9810 is a great phone and you will be happy with it for the reasons you mentioned
    08-25-11 10:54 AM
    Great phone, but going blind trying to use that small screen after using the 9800 for a year.

I'm 41, don't need glasses... But, whether it's Flixter, or Score, or the tiny words on half the websites that won't resize properly, I'll go blind on this phone. Yes, the keyboard is way better, but I'd rather deal with the imperfections of the torch slider form factor, then feel dizzy looking at a highly pixelated screen. If double click actually worked then not a problem. Plus, pinch too zoom is a real pain on the small screen, and the touchscreen sensitivity is too fast on steroids.

Meh!

Have you tried Opera Mini? That might help you with the browser functionality. I want to try Opera Mini and Viigo on bold 9900. Whenever i get my hands on it
    08-25-11 10:59 AM

Meh!

As long as you are not buying the iPhone, you are good here
    08-25-11 12:15 PM
    As long as you are not buying the iPhone, you are good here
    LOL!! Hey now, I like the iPhone(and my BlackBerry too!). Anyhow, yes the 9900/30 screen while bigger than the 9000 is a little small even for these old(33) eyes. I think either the 9810 or 9860 will definitely be what you're looking for with the latter having the largest screen of the models mentioned. Head down to the local Rogers store and give both models a go. )
    08-25-11 01:15 PM
    i wanted the 9810 originally (loved my 9800) but the cheaped out plastic battery cover and non-professional looking silver (looks like a childs toy or those old budget nokia phones) combined with no light-up trackpad made me grab the 9900
    08-25-11 01:18 PM
    i wanted the 9810 originally (loved my 9800) but the cheaped out plastic battery cover and non-professional looking silver (looks like a childs toy or those old budget nokia phones) combined with no light-up trackpad made me grab the 9900
    I loved my Torch too. It just got too slow. Don't get me wrong, this 9900 is a phenomenal piece of engineering. I just wish the screen and phone was a little bit bigger.

08-25-11 01:38 PM
    meh, how would make the screen bigger on the Bold Touch without ending up with something reminiscent of the "Jack Morris special"???

Bold + PlayBook is where it's at...all the functional prowess of the Bold, plus the media-rich PlayBook, and I'm all set.

Good luck with the Torch...
    ericlc2 likes this.
    08-25-11 03:31 PM
    Meh! Hope you enjoy it, whatever suits your needs!
    08-25-11 03:50 PM
    Increase the font size on the browswer options and font on the phone options.

08-25-11 04:05 PM
    Man the keyboard is worth it all the way!

08-25-11 04:08 PM
    What font sizes do people tend to use within browser and on other screens (mail, bbm...other)?

Cheers

08-25-11 05:01 PM
    I loved my Torch a month ago, now it seems like a slow brick compared to my 9900.
    08-25-11 05:06 PM
    It's all what you're accustomed to.
    If you are coming from a 9800 the screen might seem small. My last phone was the 9780, so I find the 9900 screen large and clear.
    08-25-11 05:17 PM
    other than the screen how was the phone?
    08-25-11 05:39 PM
    I have my browser font on 26. Works good for CB site others its too big on 26 for some reason
    08-25-11 06:12 PM
    I have my browser font on 26. Works good for CB site others its too big on 26 for some reason
    I set mine to 30 and now I've decided to keep it after using it all day. I think I'll just have to get a playbook as a companion device for the 9900 once the next versions come out. I can't give up this keyboard or the speed. After hours of typing on the 9900, I tried typing on my torch and then changed my mind about the 9810.

08-25-11 06:49 PM
    I set mine to 30 and now I've decided to keep it after using it all day. I think I'll just have to get a playbook as a companion device for the 9900 once the next versions come out. I can't give up this keyboard or the speed. After hours of typing on the 9900, I tried typing on my torch and then changed my mind about the 9810.

Oh okay. Sounds good. I haven't tried 30 yet will see. This is a great phone. The 9810 is a really nice phone also. A lot quicker than the 9800. I hear you on the keyboard on the 9900 is is fantastic. I pulled my 9000 out and it feels bad now compared to the 9900 and I use to think it was the best lol. You will love it paired with the playbook. Its a great combo
    08-25-11 06:55 PM
    Yes the 9900 and Playbook is a great combo. Love it.
    08-25-11 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD