In May I was excited enough about the 9930 news that I brought back a Droid X I was trying! Now with all the negative news about RIMM going under and the 9930 is already behind has me wondering if it is worth the purchase!! I feel with all the stuff being said even if I were at verizon comparing this phone and the iphone 5 and I liked the 9930 better it will still be tough to take home the BB! I mean all you hear is RIMM is dead and the 9930 is outdated! I wish RIMM would turn the corner and we would start to hear something positive or they would just get bought by someone else so we don't have to hear all this crap everyday! I mean I know each person has to make their own decision, but it's hard not to listen to what is being said! Anyone else feel this way!
    06-22-11 09:25 PM
    I feel the same way but i'll most probably still get it lol
    JUSTQUAN2 and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    06-22-11 09:39 PM
    Sounds to me like you are caught up in the speculation/fear game, as is the case with many people. The media plays the game well.

Ultimately, you do have to make your own objective decision based on opinions and information that you trust.
    sleepngbear and Pirks like this.
    06-22-11 09:40 PM
    I think it'll be a while until we hear anything positive about RIM in the mainstream media unfortunately. For example I was reading on bloomberg that out of 55 analysts that rate RIM only 15 would sell right now. From what I've been reading you would think 50 were saying to dump the stock, RIM is finished etc etc.
    With these new devices its really going to be down to simply whether you like the phone enough to buy it because I doubt we'll hear anyone raving about it from the 'major' news sources

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 09:49 PM
    The analyst say that chocolate is losing to dark chocolate but I don't care what they say I will still eat and prefer chocolate. I hope it doesn't go out of business because they say it will.

I hope media doesn't control stocks too.
    06-22-11 10:05 PM
    Rim is doing well in other parts of the world just not good in America. My take of the mess is Rim jumped ahead of every one else years ago when they came out with the Blackberry Email for business no one else even had what Blackberry had so Blackberry was king of the email. Back in those day's no one had heard of HTC , Android , Samsung , Smart Phone. I think the management at Rim got conform being on top & lost focus of what the other guy's were doing with the Iphone & Android in North America & Rim got ran over by a Mack Truck. The two guy's at the top were not focusing on the other guy's even Rim said they were well into the next phone that were coming out when they realize that the CPU in them was not up to what the other makers had Rim still using the old 524 meg CPU & the others using 1.2 duel core . It will take Rim years to get back to the market share that they had if they ever can. The other guy's will still be coming out with new stuff so as Rim up dates to the 1.2 meg CPU in the 9900 & 9930 HTC the other makers are coming out with the 1.2 meg Duel Core so Rim will still behind playing catch up.

06-22-11 10:39 PM
    RIM is nowhere near doing bad at all or nowhere near BANKRUPT. See how the media brainwashed regular consumers? Really SAD! I am really excited to get my hands on that new Bold. I seriously know many people who left BB for the so called better phone AKA "gadget" and hated it. They cannot wait to come back. I showed many and they are excited to drop their Androids and iPhones. They only left b/c they thought they were missing out. Now.. The grass is and WILL be green on the other side. I seriously think that all this RIM bashing through media is part of somebodies plan to try and hurt the company. It's kinda funny how they are hitting from every angle as a nice planned attack. If you look at youtube comments, forum comments, blog post comments, etc about this new upcoming Bold.. You can clearly see that LOTS of people wanna get this phone. RIM is going to be just fine. THE END =)

HATERS!!!
    epress man likes this.
    06-22-11 11:37 PM
    I'm very much less excited but I don't know, might still get it. Though I'm not less excited because of the media, I'm less excited because of RIM.
    06-22-11 11:46 PM
    I say if you truly believe in something.. You will stick by it. With the new devices coming and QNX in the works. I am excited to see it all. I don't feel left in the dark b/c people compare GADGETS to what they are forgetting what you really got em for.. A PHONE!
    06-23-11 12:02 AM

It actually plays an enormous role FYI.

It comes down to what you want to use your phone for. If you want the latest and the greatest look somewhere else. If you are happy with your current BB phone than updating to the "Liquid Graphics" (the worst name/line ever) then the 9900 may be a great option.
    Last edited by evolutionPlaybook; 06-23-11 at 12:18 AM.
    06-23-11 12:11 AM
    It actually plays an enormous role FYI.

It comes down to what you want to use your phone for. If you want the latest and the greatest look somewhere else. If you are happy with your current BB phone than updating to the "Liquid Graphics" (the worst name/line ever) then the 9900 may be a great option.
    Well.. Those LIQUID GRAPHICS looks pretty DAMN GOOD!
    06-23-11 12:34 AM
    Well.. Those LIQUID GRAPHICS looks pretty DAMN GOOD!

Funny you say that, iphone had Liquid Graphics since June 29, 2007, and after that every other device and their mothers has had Liquid Graphics. Sorry but "Liquid Graphics" is just, I will leave it at just, it makes me laugh every time I hear or read about it.
    06-23-11 12:48 AM
    Some people are worry RIM will be another Palm. While RIM is losing its touch and getting bashed left right center, it is still run a profitable business with good cash flow and with some solid pipeline of new products coming out. I think it is not too late for RIM to fix its issues and unlike Palm which runs out of cash and has no time RIM has time to reset and I think it will emerge stronger, it may not be the king of smartphone anymore but it will be a top player.

epress man likes this.
    06-23-11 01:08 AM
    Funny you say that, iphone had Liquid Graphics since June 29, 2007, and after that every other device and their mothers has had Liquid Graphics. Sorry but "Liquid Graphics" is just, I will leave it at just, it makes me laugh every time I hear or read about it.
    Funny... I really don't care and I don't follow so called PHONE TRENDS. I had an iPhone for a bit. I didn't care for it at all. Sold it on Ebay and came back to lovely Bold 9650. Funny how apple is selling this CLOUD service when this kind of thing has been around forever and now it is marketed to consumers like you who fall into it that think it is brand new. I had my own SERVER for ages . If I told you the sky is falling.. Would you believe me?
    epress man and Pirks like this.
    06-23-11 01:21 AM
    Bb has it done right, period. Solidly designed, and easily unsurpassed UI.

Palm! Hahah

06-23-11 01:23 AM
    If Rim gets the CPU speed & puts a good Browser on the phone & more memory that will go a long way. My carrier said they will have 4G -LTE up in my area in Nov & I have not heard one word from Rim about 4G. We need 4G Rim if you miss that boat then you are in deep !!!!

06-23-11 01:57 AM
    If Rim gets the CPU speed & puts a good Browser on the phone & more memory that will go a long way. My carrier said they will have 4G -LTE up in my area in Nov & I have not heard one word from Rim about 4G. We need 4G Rim if you miss that boat then you are in deep !!!!

You might as well save yourself some time and bail right now, because they aren't gonna compromise by putting two chipsets in the devices by your deadline, period. The multi-mode chipsets won't be available until latter Q4, and it is near-impossible to give you what you want by your LTE availability, so vent away.

You can get one of the so-called 'superphones' with that double radio chipset, and get used to being on a charger a lot. I know people with them that have put them in a drawer and use their old BlackBerry again, just so they can actually be mobile again. They're pretty awesome if you think you gotta feed that 'right now' urge, go ahead.

I'm not putting a hardcore dump on the 4G Line-up, but for now, they are what they are. But if the other Fruitphone company is putting off LTE until the chips fall where they may to get decent battery life, I'm thankful that patience is a virtue.

06-23-11 02:28 AM
    The biggest issue with the 9930,at least on Verizon,is the tiered data plans coming after 7/7. Since unlimted data will only be on grandfathered accounts it's going to force people to decide now if they want to take a chance on the 9930.

06-23-11 02:35 AM
    The media has a lot to do with things these days, it can affect the younger generation (crappy music, videos, TV shows and of course technology). The media can affect stocks as well.
    06-23-11 11:57 AM
    Technically it isn't the media's fault. It's your response to the media reports.

If it is the right phone for you, then get it. If it isn't, then don't try and blame someone else for that not being the case.

06-23-11 01:12 PM
    Bingo!! I have been with BB for over 2 years now and I bought 2 so far b/c they do what I need it to do.
    06-23-11 02:07 PM
    You might as well save yourself some time and bail right now, because they aren't gonna compromise by putting two chipsets in the devices by your deadline, period. The multi-mode chipsets won't be available until latter Q4, and it is near-impossible to give you what you want by your LTE availability, so vent away.

You can get one of the so-called 'superphones' with that double radio chipset, and get used to being on a charger a lot. I know people with them that have put them in a drawer and use their old BlackBerry again, just so they can actually be mobile again. They're pretty awesome if you think you gotta feed that 'right now' urge, go ahead.

I'm not putting a hardcore dump on the 4G Line-up, but for now, they are what they are. But if the other Fruitphone company is putting off LTE until the chips fall where they may to get decent battery life, I'm thankful that patience is a virtue.

They all ready have two chips in them GSM & CDMA.

06-23-11 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD