Hey guys

I have a weird issue. listening to music on my 9900 OS 7.1.0.267, if I'm listening to music through the speaker, I have an issue that the music just stops playing about half way through a song and sometimes freezes up the media player.

If I am using my moto SD-10 or earphones, it works perfectly fine, and this is frustrating because I want to listen to music in the office and no longer allowed to use my Playbook on my desk.

Any ideas of what is going on??
    03-15-12 09:51 AM
    I've been having problems too, if i'm listening to music and someone rings me, after the call i go back to the play the music and it doesn't it just freezes, i go to the home screen and after a while it says something like 'Media Crashed Unexpectedly' then i try to play it again and it completely freezes my phone so i have to take the battery out :/ It's the one off SK Telecom
    03-15-12 10:20 AM
    I get that too!
    03-15-12 02:19 PM
    Same here, anyone know what's causing it? Thanks.
    03-15-12 02:20 PM
    same here, i was gonna replace my sd card but it seems it may be os related
    03-15-12 02:30 PM
    wow, looks like I stumbled upon something. I'm upgrading my OS this weekend (too busy tonight and tomorrow night) and I'm going to see if the OS is the problem or if there is something more technical going on
    03-15-12 02:33 PM
    Yeah - sound/media is all messed up in 7.1, I think. My phone - like many here and in the 9850-9860 forum - loses all sound fairly often, including call audio. I still like the phone a lot, but that's a pretty huge bug. (Assuming it's not a conflict with a popular app or something.)
    03-15-12 04:42 PM
    I get the same stop in playback at random times when using the speaker and when connected through auxiliary cable to stereo in my toyota.

I love the phone, just got it on March 15th with Wind mobile!
    Great combo with the Playbook I've had since February!

In one occurence I couldn't play music where I had a youtube video was paused in the browser gave me the media processor was busy.

But now stop in playback is happening daily. Usually I find the music is stopped at the end of the song and the progress meter of the song is stuck at the very end.
    Haven't noticed it happening much when I'm listening to music through earphones while studying.
    03-23-12 01:42 PM
    i also have experienced this with two different os 7.1 so i think its os related. what i did is i went back to 7.0.0.585 and i dont seem to encouter this problem anymore
    03-23-12 02:09 PM
    I have this problem too on OS 7.1. I usually listen to my music via bluetooth and when a call is ended the media player resumes but no sound. I have to switch to speaker or headset then back to bluetooth for it to work again.
    03-24-12 05:13 AM
    I was having the same issue and I listen to music all day everyday but I upgraded to 7.1.0.284 and I don't recall it doing it anymore...
    03-25-12 05:14 PM
    Well i solved my issue, dropped back down to OS 7.0.0.585 and the speaker is gone. Little did I realize when the music stops playing through the speaker, it wouldn't allow me to call out or receive calls in the sense that my phone would answer the call and say connected but could never hear the other person on the other end.

So I downgraded last night back down and everything works perfectly now. Sucks cause I am very quickly missing Mobile Hotspot
    03-26-12 09:04 AM
    04-26-12 10:47 AM
    I no longer have the media player issue!

Been running OS .402 for over a week now and have been enjoying nonstop music for hours at a time! Haven't had the music player stop randomly like before requiring a reboot!

Try out the new leak. It's worked wonders for me!

My battery life is also now incredible. Being connected through bridge with my playbook and playing music for a few hours a day and I still have plenty of juice!
    04-26-12 09:03 PM
    I no longer have the media player issue!

Been running OS .402 for over a week now and have been enjoying nonstop music for hours at a time! Haven't had the music player stop randomly like before requiring a reboot!

Try out the new leak. It's worked wonders for me!

My battery life is also now incredible. Being connected through bridge with my playbook and playing music for a few hours a day and I still have plenty of juice!

Yep this person is right. I am running .402 too as well and the media issue is gone!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-26-12 09:12 PM
    Be sure to hard reset your phone once in a while!
    04-27-12 03:55 AM
    I have two more 'features'. I upgraded straight away to 7.1.0.267 and now 342, so don't know if this is 7.1 only. When using earphones music plays fine. When using bluetooth in the car, the second track on an album jumps all through the track like it was on a record player, and then jumps on other track too. If i restart the album at the second track it plays normally all through. Weird. Take off bluetooth and it's normal again no matter where i start it from.

If I get a call during playing music, the music restarts after the call ends but stops at the end of the track. I think I've heard of that one before tho. Not going to lose sleep over these coz the better battery is worth it.
    04-27-12 06:26 AM
    At least bug #1 in my thread is still present in .402, which affects playback after a song is paused.
    04-27-12 12:02 PM
    Pls wher can I get Os .402
    08-19-12 05:42 AM
    I have this weird problem where sometimes the song sounds tinny if that makes sense. For a bit it will sound normal and high quality and sometimes (for example I pause the song and push play) it will sound tinny and crappy again. Anyway to fix this issue? Feedback much needed. Thanks.
    06-13-14 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD