Hello there, its been twice my blackberry pops up the "A media card has been inserted that contains errors.." When it first happened I was using a 16gb SanDisk class 4 and the message popped up after a hard reset. The berry wouldn't accept the card no matter what. I even tried low level formatting. However, prior formatting, I could still access all of my files without a single problem via PC, so I backed them up. Tried all sorts of things including LLF, which I mentioned above, and then finally gave up, dumped it and bought a new 32gb Kingston class 10. I restored all of my files and voila.
    I kept 'researching' (if you can call looking up on the internet researching) that the issue may or may not have been caused by corrupted Whatsapp databases. So I switched it from media card to device. A few weeks ago I switched it on to the media card. Today, I did my weekly hard reset and when I opened up Whatsapp again it showed up old conversations. (Old meaning 10+ days old) I closed the app, and a couple of seconds later the media card error popped up...
    I wouldn't like to undergo through the same procedure, because the situation is pretty much the same so far. I'm backing up my files as we speak since the PC reads the card just fine, even inside the goddamn berry (usb cable).

Help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: When I was backing up my stuff, a whatsapp database popped up with an error. Its in spanish since I live in mexico, but it basically says its corrupted.

I guess I'll switch to viber..

Though, help/advice would still be awesome.
    Last edited by FrankIAm; 07-19-12 at 04:04 AM.
    07-19-12 03:45 AM
    This happened to me last week on my 8gb Kingston SD card....tried to repair but got effed up. There goes everything I had on the darn thing.
    07-19-12 07:28 AM
    If you can access the card via the phone, or using a reader in the PC, delete the Whatsapp folder. That should solve it, at least till Whatsapp goes corrupt again.
    07-19-12 07:38 AM
    Had the same problem 3 days ago and I don't use Whatsapp. I was showing a co-worker a photo, pushed the lock button, went to use my device a few hours later but it would not un-lock. Had to pull the battery, then rec'd the SD errors msg. PC would read the 32GB SanDisk but BB would not. Took me nearly 2hr to backup 26GB files, format and restore.

Sent from my Bold Dakota
    07-19-12 08:54 AM
    Had the same problem 3 days ago and I don't use Whatsapp. I was showing a co-worker a photo, pushed the lock button, went to use my device a few hours later but it would not un-lock. Had to pull the battery, then rec'd the SD errors msg. PC would read the 32GB SanDisk but BB would not. Took me nearly 2hr to backup 26GB files, format and restore.

Sent from my Bold Dakota
    I have a similar problem after I back up the settings of a certain app a couple times. Starting to think the app really isn't as good as it seems.
    07-19-12 09:00 AM
    If you can access the card via the phone, or using a reader in the PC, delete the Whatsapp folder. That should solve it, at least till Whatsapp goes corrupt again.
    Dude! How awesome! I deleted every single whatsapp related file except for the app cods and such and now the phone was able to "repair" the card with no data loss!
    I thank you for saving me some bucks.
    07-19-12 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD