An message just popped up on my 9930 that "A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the Media Card now?" If I do this, is it going to wipe my memory card?

I think I might be sick.
    01-04-12 11:12 AM
    Help!
    01-04-12 11:17 AM
    When I go to Device --> Storage, it shows I have no memory card installed but I do.
    01-04-12 11:19 AM
    When I go to Device --> Storage, it shows I have no memory card installed but I do.
    I have the same problem with my BB 9900, i am going to send it back. I tried everything!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-12 11:22 AM
    Did you go through the repair process on your phone? Did you lose everything on the card? I have no idea why this happened. The only thing I did was (stupid me) took the memory card out to look at something and put it right back on. It was out of the phone for literally a few seconds.
    01-04-12 11:24 AM
    Did you go through the repair process on your phone? Did you lose everything on the card? I have no idea why this happened. The only thing I did was (stupid me) took the memory card out to look at something and put it right back on. It was out of the phone for literally a few seconds.

If you that you will lose everything. My sdcard was never recognized by the bb 9900. It says there is no mediacard in the bb

01-04-12 11:27 AM
    I think I will leave it alone until I get home. I'll use my laptop and see if I can get any files off the card before trying to repair it.

I've had the phone since August and this is the first time I've had a problem with the media card not being recognized.
    01-04-12 11:30 AM
    Happened to me before. Try to get the files off it first, though I think it wouldn't be possible by this point.
    Then, Repair it.
    If you're lucky, it'll say media card repaired. If you're unlucky, media card can't be repaired.

If it gets repaired, immediately connect it via usb to ur PC and get all the data off it, and format it straight away... Else, it's likely to happen again.
    If it doesn't get repaired, try to recover what you can from the PC, but it's unlikely that you'll be able to get anything. It'll all appear scrambled and weird.

IN my experience, I've gotten this problem a few times. >50% of the time, the repair doesn't work and i lose what's on the card. Once or twice, the repair has worked. I don't know why it tends to happen. However, I have noticed that whenever I upgrade my whatsapp, it occurs. Within my whatsapp application, I have chosen to "save media files" and "save history" of my conversations onto the media card. So since then, I have chosen to save media files and history within my whatsapp application on my device instead. And the problem hasn't reoccured.
    TOUCHWOOD!

Hope it helps. Good luck.
    Last edited by nashstruck; 01-04-12 at 11:33 AM.
    Mom2One likes this.
    01-04-12 11:30 AM
    Good news! I borrowed a media card adapter from a co-worker and when I loaded my card to my computer, all of my pictures, videos, etc. where there! I copied them to my computer, loaded the media card back into my 9930 and clicked yes for media card repair. It said the card repair was successful and lo and behold, all of my media is back viewable on my phone and my phone is detecing the card WHEW!

Maybe this some sort of glitch? I swear all I did was take the memory card out for a second. I'll admit it. I read the thread about someone breaking their media card and I took my battery out to see where the card was I didn't pay attention to it when Verizon set my phone up.
    01-04-12 12:31 PM
    Lol. Congratulations on the good news!

Don't forget a format of the card after you've copied everything off it! I think you can even do it from "Storage" in the options menu. Just press the bb button and select format.

From what I understand, these cards get ruined because "corrupted" files get in between "good" files. Formatting (apparently) shifts the "corrupted" files away from the "good" files and thus the phone wouldn't load these "corrupted" ones when loading the "good" ones... Again, apparently. lol.
    01-04-12 12:56 PM
    Every time I reboot my device I get this message " A media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the media card now. I choose yes and then another message pops up that reads ''If lost clusters are found during the repair, do you want to save them?" I choose yes again. I get "Repairing card... please wait" and then "Media card repair failed". Any suggestions on how to fix this? Connecting my media card to the laptop (using a USB card reader) did not help either; I couldn't view any files as they were all random unknown files that were 'fragmented'. Any other way I can get my pictures/videos back?
    03-14-12 11:17 AM
    Every time I reboot my device I get this message " A media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the media card now. I choose yes and then another message pops up that reads ''If lost clusters are found during the repair, do you want to save them?" I choose yes again. I get "Repairing card... please wait" and then "Media card repair failed". Any suggestions on how to fix this? Connecting my media card to the laptop (using a USB card reader) did not help either; I couldn't view any files as they were all random unknown files that were 'fragmented'. Any other way I can get my pictures/videos back?
    I think you're sol on getting the data back. I recommend you take the memory card out and format it with your PC. Then place the memory card back into your device and format it again. That should solve your issues. If you get the pop up about saving clusters, pick "no".
    03-14-12 11:40 AM
    Backup, backup, backup. ALWAYS backup your data. Make sure it's somewhere else. Have a backup of that backup, and a third one if necessary. Hard drive, media cards, flash drive, etc are not indestructible, and any one or all of those can break at the drop of a hat, with no explanation or sign of trouble beforehand. It might seem like overkill, but you can never have enough backups.

JB
    03-14-12 12:07 PM
    So I had that error. What a pain. Looked in all the forms. Tried hooking up to my PC to use the BlackBerry Software. Maybe to try a Chkdsk option on it. PC never found it. Even tried using a boot Linux or BartCD. Zero.

So looking around in some of the Forms I found HTTP://recoverfab.com from another user and since nothing I was doing was working. Gave it a try. Company was in Germany so was not sure but hey they were able to save 342 photos. So I give them a thumbs up. It was going to be a MicroSD Finger football. Cost was 149 euros they took Paypal so was not too bad.

I get a lot of users with PC issues and everynow and then someone has the same issue with flash memory. I use to say it was toast but I don't now. I added a link to my website even for them. HelpMeIt.com on my extras page.

So if you feel your data is lost give recoverfab a try. My last client was happy. I did not fix it but found a solution.

Yes totally backup your stuff and don't buy the cheap MicroSD chips.

Thanks
    James
    03-15-12 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD