03-14-12 12:56 AM
32 12
tools
    I drained my 9900 battery completely till the phone died & then plugged-in the wall charger

It took 10 min for the phone to wake up from dead and boot-up

And a total of 4 hrs 15 min to get to Full-charge at 100%

Now - that's a awful long time ...
    03-08-12 02:36 AM
    No...it takes a good 2.5-3 hours from even 10% to 100%...not 1.6 hours. It may be a 750ma (max rating) charger, but it does not charge at 750ma....more like under 1/2 of that on average.
    your phone is broken.
    03-08-12 09:30 AM
    yeah, they do charge very fast, but I'm not complaining..it's always nice to know that within in hour your battery has a full charge.
    03-08-12 09:37 AM
    I've heard loads of recommendations for the Nokia AC-6U charger. Charges slower, but the battery drains slower as well as a result, so you should hopefully not have a need for a quick charge.

JB
    03-08-12 10:29 AM
    Mine charges fully in about 2 hours or less since I got it.
    03-08-12 12:13 PM
    I've heard loads of recommendations for the Nokia AC-6U charger. Charges slower, but the battery drains slower as well as a result, so you should hopefully not have a need for a quick charge.

JB

I use a sanyo charger and the battery holds its charge much better. With the charger that came in the box it charges up really fast, but I lose nearly 10% in minutes.

I would much rather the phone take longer to charge and it keeping that charge than a fast charge and then drain.
    03-08-12 05:09 PM

JB
    Go ahead and buy another battery. Maybe a few since they are gonna drain quicker. Point is, the longer you continue to charge the battery much past 500mA the closer to death it is going to get. This is not a subtle thing either. It will start out somewhere between ridiculous and stupid and 3-4-5 months later it will land somewhere between pathetic and useless.

Let a battery that hasent been damaged charge while you sleep with a slow charger and your BlackBerry will serve you well just like the older models did.

The AC-6U is not going to bring a half dead battery back to life. We got lucky because my Wife had a Mural and it came with the AC-6U and we used that because the included USB cord got plugged into the computer and stayed there.

After using the BB charger a for about a week on 2 different ocassions with her 9810 and about a week on my 9900 when I was waiting for the Nokias we both noticed a big difference. So both phones have spent 99% of their charging time on the AC-6U at night when we are sleeping.

Never a problem getting through a day. Yeah, if I switched everything on and watched YouTube for a few hours the phone would be dead. But that is just stupid. At 3 to 5 bucks each why not have an AC-6U or a DC-6 everywhere you go, even a USB cable at the office works great. You don't want to drain them past 20%, that's why the indicator changes color, see what I'm sayin???

You get in a jam and you have a BBM date with Trudy Tremendous in 45 minutes, use the faster charger if you like.

Its not rocket science guys. Everything you need to know is at Battery University.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 03-14-12 at 01:04 AM.
    03-14-12 12:56 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD