i noticed my blackberry charges super fast... like i got 30 pct within 15 minutes or less

also if i keep my enabled location on does it drain battery?
    Last edited by EVOP; 08-22-11 at 03:20 AM.
    08-22-11 03:15 AM
    The standard charger outputs 750mah. The battery being 1250mah means it will be fully charged from flat in 1.6hours

The final 5-10% takes the longest to charge so it tends to slow down then.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-22-11 03:27 AM
    Yes I asked the same question when I first got mine, seemed very fishy to me, I charged my phone to full when I bought it in like 30 mins (it had 50% charge)

That's normal then
    08-22-11 03:38 AM
    I hook it up to my Playbook charger and it's blazing fast to charge! Love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 10:12 PM
    The standard charger outputs 750mah. The battery being 1250mah means it will be fully charged from flat in 1.6hours

The final 5-10% takes the longest to charge so it tends to slow down then.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    No...it takes a good 2.5-3 hours from even 10% to 100%...not 1.6 hours. It may be a 750ma (max rating) charger, but it does not charge at 750ma....more like under 1/2 of that on average.
    08-22-11 10:39 PM
    Well. look at the bright side..... it drains fast, it charges back up fast.

08-22-11 11:17 PM
    I hook it up to my Playbook charger and it's blazing fast to charge! Love it.

I also charge my 9930 on my Playbook charger. i LOVE it!
    08-22-11 11:24 PM
    I have the opposite issue. Mine drains very slow. The battery lasts a while. But charging takes a while. On my Style, I would be very low and charge it on the way to work, and be charged by then (45 minutes). This phone it needs a lot more time. But it lasts.
    08-23-11 02:17 AM
    How many of you are using the charging pod versus just plugging it directly into the micro USB port?

I am mostly using the charging pod so far and it seems to be the normal charge time of 2-3 hours.

There is also a "premium" charger soon to be sold on the BlackBerry website. It's supposed to charge twice as fast.
    BlackBerry-Premium-Charger - RIM US

I wonder if it would still charge any faster when used with a pod?
    08-23-11 02:33 AM
    Charging it on my usb takes much longer than if I have it on the wall.
    On the wall I can get my BBerries to fully charge, from flat, in the time that it takes me to wake up and be ready to go out the door....roughly two hours.

Yah...I know....takes me forever to get ready....I'm a girly girl....
    08-23-11 03:11 AM
    How many of you are using the charging pod versus just plugging it directly into the micro USB port?

I am mostly using the charging pod so far and it seems to be the normal charge time of 2-3 hours.

There is also a "premium" charger soon to be sold on the BlackBerry website. It's supposed to charge twice as fast.

This premium charger just has more output. I use one of my older micro-usb chargers that is a good bit bigger and it charges my 9900 much more quickly.

These popel using the PlayBook charger have even greater output but I would not own another playbook.
    08-23-11 05:54 AM

The POD makes no difference in charging times, it is the charger that is plugged into the POD that sets the pace.
    08-23-11 05:56 AM
    I thought it was just me but last night I drained the phone to 7%.

I felt like running to the store with the little flyersfan's. I plugged the phone in for less than 10mins. I am not sure how much charge I got to but we left for at least an hour. No wifi or bluetooth but I was BBMing and I still had 7% when I got home. So that little bit did help.

I used the old style charger that came with the 9650's and Storm 1 that has the international blades as an accessory.
    08-23-11 06:59 AM

That is the one that came with the playbook but I think that has been available or at least on the site since before the playbook was releases. Nice charger for travel as well. I wish the 1 that came with the Bold had folding prongs but I guess it can't get any smaller. Meh I would probably just bring the playbook charger anyway since on business trips I am out of the hotel by 7-8 and do not get back for good until very late. The quick stop in the middle of the day will really benefit from the playbook charger.
    08-23-11 07:07 AM
    i agree it charges fast
    08-23-11 07:12 AM
    That is the one that came with the playbook but I think that has been available or at least on the site since before the playbook was releases. Nice charger for travel as well. I wish the 1 that came with the Bold had folding prongs but I guess it can't get any smaller. Meh I would probably just bring the playbook charger anyway since on business trips I am out of the hotel by 7-8 and do not get back for good until very late. The quick stop in the middle of the day will really benefit from the playbook charger.
    Correct. "Premium charger" available on the BB site for 99xx is the same part # as my PlayBook charger. It charges super fast. In fact I avoided using my PB charger at first because I thought it might overheat the battery, until I confirmed its compatible with most BBs and does charge at twice speed. Love it.

08-23-11 07:26 AM
    This device does charge fast
    08-23-11 07:50 AM
    It drains fast and charges fast

08-23-11 07:56 AM
    No...it takes a good 2.5-3 hours from even 10% to 100%...not 1.6 hours. It may be a 750ma (max rating) charger, but it does not charge at 750ma....more like under 1/2 of that on average.
    output ratings have to fit withing a 5-10% tollerance threshold to pass saftey standards.

so when a charger states it outputs at 750mah its going to kick out as near to that figure as possible.

if yours takes 2-3hours then your is slow.. i put mine on charge last night at midnight with 5% charge left in it, at 1:20am i got a phone call so took it off charge, it was showing 75% charge after only and hour and 20mins.
    08-23-11 08:01 AM
    I guess im the only one who's charges slow, but with all day use it drains slow also so I can live with this lol
    08-24-11 03:17 AM
    That was the reason I am in this forum =.=, I have notice that it only took an hour then it's fully charge I'm quite impressed but I felt strange for having the past Bold that charges like 3 hours. Big difference.
    09-05-11 05:00 PM
    Charges fast and lasts long with me so I'm happy
    09-05-11 05:03 PM
    Charges Fast = Drains Fast (Less Battery Life)
    Charges Slow = Drains Slow (More Battery Life)

Charging Fast also shortens the life of the battery.
    03-07-12 11:20 PM
    Drains fast, charges fast
    03-07-12 11:28 PM
    nope. not just you. mine drains really slowly and charges up fast. example, today the battery dropped just below 20%. plugged it in and in about 25 mins it was fully chaged.
    03-08-12 01:27 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD