Ok, so I know the 9900 has this nfc thing but as far as i know its not available yet in the US.
    I recently got a mastercard paypass added to my account and recieved it in the mail today. (I think it works using RFID but I'm not sure) I expected to get something a bit bulkier that acted like a key chain, but instead got a card made of thin plastic, measuring about one inch by two inches with an adhesive back. They want you to stick this thing onto the back of your cell phone, but I dont want to do that for aesthetic and security reasons.
    I have a otter box (commuter case i believe) and would like to place the paypass inbetween the rubber and plastic layers of the case: it fits without a problem.
    Does anyone have any experience with this paypass, will it still work if placed there? (and off topic, but does it work from inside a wallet?).
    I'd really don't want to go to my local CVS and buy something I don't need just because I want to know if it will work from inside my phone case. If anyone has any experience with this I'd appeciate your insight.
    Now if I lose my phone I'll lose my credit card as well, isn't technology great
    12-13-11 12:34 AM
    Well, similar but not exactly the same. I managed to trim a work id badge with antenna and fit it betw my bold/9650 and my otterbox and it worked. I did trim the first one a hair too close and severed tje antenna.
    12-13-11 12:47 AM
    PayPass should work just fine stuck in between the case layers. The only thing that affects its transmission capability would be metal or something carbon based.
    12-13-11 01:00 AM
    Thanks: I just wanted to say it works fine when placed in the manner I was considering. Also feels cool to use, I noticed the guy next to me looking when I just tapped the phone on the reader and the receipt printed.
    Just what everyone needs, a easier way to spend money
    12-14-11 12:42 AM
    Mastercard PayPass is based in Contactless Payment standard (also supported by NFC).
    It is not RFID.

NFC and contactless payment standard use 13.56 MHz carrier frequency.
    That signal gets obsorbed by metal (and water).
    As long as your box doesn't have metal covering the PayPass card on front or back then you should be fine.

Remember that if you put a NFC tag or another contactless card (PayPass, PayWave, etc) in the same box, the POS (Point of Sale) terminal will deny using any of the cards.
    POS accepts only one card at a time.
    12-14-11 07:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD