i have been staying with the bb bc of bbm and of course the mass texting capabilities, i have 5k or more contacts and mass texting groups of 500 each. with the new bold it says i can only text 100 at a time...

this was the best thing about blackberry! now its taken away!!!

is there a way around it? or an app??? i dont want to use services that cost hundreds of dollars!
    09-07-11 12:02 PM
    All I can say is THANK GOD you can't text more than 500 people at a time!

I am betting the carrier came to their senses as RIM does what ever THEY want to do!
    Bulldawg and YourMobileGuru like this.
    09-07-11 12:04 PM
    Yep, I believe that this limitation was pushed by the carriers to help stop text spamming.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-07-11 12:36 PM
    It was either for:

Booty Calls
    Rioting

Enjoy postulating those two choices.
    JR A likes this.
    09-07-11 12:52 PM
    WTF 5000+ contacts and mass texts?
    09-07-11 01:03 PM
    Flash Mobs
    JR A likes this.
    09-07-11 01:30 PM
    well now whats keeping me from getting an iphone? besides bbm? bbm will let me send out mass broadcast at least...
    09-11-11 06:27 PM
    WTF 5000+ contacts and mass texts?
    How long was your previous model BB locked up when actually trying to send so many texts?

And yes it was almost certainly a limit added at carrier requests.
    09-11-11 11:02 PM
    The trick is to get an older blackberry with OS 5 there is no limit. In theory RIM has no limit on their phones either. If you call RIM tech support they will make a trouble ticket as they are aware that the carriers are limiting / capping the amount of people per group text. Meanwhile Androids and Iphones do not have this issue. RIM stated if they have enough complaints they can put pressure on the carriers to fix it. BTW SPrint caps at 150, Verizon is 20. OS 5 = unlimited.

Hope that helps its annoying hence why I use OS5
    JR A likes this.
    11-29-11 01:32 AM
    well now whats keeping me from getting an iphone? besides bbm? bbm will let me send out mass broadcast at least...
    Because the iPhone sure as **** won't let you do that kind of mass texting either?
    11-29-11 03:48 AM
    The trick is to get an older blackberry with OS 5 there is no limit. In theory RIM has no limit on their phones either. If you call RIM tech support they will make a trouble ticket as they are aware that the carriers are limiting / capping the amount of people per group text. Meanwhile Androids and Iphones do not have this issue. RIM stated if they have enough complaints they can put pressure on the carriers to fix it. BTW SPrint caps at 150, Verizon is 20. OS 5 = unlimited.

Hope that helps its annoying hence why I use OS5
    I don't really like Verizon much, and knowing that the 20 limit is set by VZ and not RIM just added feul to the fire. Knowing that Sprint allows 150 and is a CDMA carrier like VZ just adds insult to injury.

It's not THAT big of a deal. I just create multiple groups. The biggest group I have was broken into four separate groupes, but cut and paste is a breeze on the 9930 that it doesn't really hinder me.
    11-29-11 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD