My Macbook/Blackberry Support Software won't recognize my Blackberry 9900. It will charge but otherwise doesn't recognize it's connected. I thought maybe the mass media storage mode wasn't turned on so I followed the instructions on the the Blackberry website (Go to Device > Storage and click menu key) but none of the options that appear are Enable USB Mass Storage or anything similar! Am I missing something? Is there some way I can fix this?
    05-11-13 12:07 AM
    My Macbook/Blackberry Support Software won't recognize my Blackberry 9900. It will charge but otherwise doesn't recognize it's connected. I thought maybe the mass media storage mode wasn't turned on so I followed the instructions on the the Blackberry website (Go to Device > Storage and click menu key) but none of the options that appear are Enable USB Mass Storage or anything similar! Am I missing something? Is there some way I can fix this?
    It will only appear WHEN plugged into the computer. Also, each time you plug it in, it should be asking if you want to 'charge' or use as 'USB Drive'. in this case, you'd choose USB Drive which auto enables USB Mass Storage mode. And of course, to make ALLLLL of this work.. you have to install the drivers e.g. BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac. If none of this is working for you, uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Software and then reinstall it.
    05-11-13 01:57 AM
    It will only appear WHEN plugged into the computer. Also, each time you plug it in, it should be asking if you want to 'charge' or use as 'USB Drive'. in this case, you'd choose USB Drive which auto enables USB Mass Storage mode. And of course, to make ALLLLL of this work.. you have to install the drivers e.g. BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac. If none of this is working for you, uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Software and then reinstall it.
    When I plug the phone into my computer, it pops up with the clock but doesn't ask me if I want to charge it or use it as a USB drive. It used to do that, then suddenly stopped. I tried everything you suggested and nothing worked. Sigh. I even tried two different USB cords and three different computers (one a PC).
    05-11-13 12:26 PM
    When you go to Device>Storage is "Media Card Support" still checked ?
    05-13-13 07:43 AM
    When you go to Device>Storage is "Media Card Support" still checked ?
    Yes it is.
    05-13-13 12:00 PM
    Have you tried pulling the sd card and re-inserting ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930...which i pretend is my new Q10 !!
    05-13-13 01:41 PM