They've really got it right with this maps program. I've got an 8:30 appointment to drop my car off at a garage that I don't know where it is. I get on the Maps application, do the search, find the garage using name only, and get the directions from my current location. All in just a couple of minutes. The program is easy to use and intuitive. Leaves me enough time to pause and rave about it here. Somebody did a real nice job with this. And I've got a growing library of favorite places too. LOVE IT!
    01-25-12 06:10 AM
    BB Maps is getting better, but have you tried BB Traffic? It too is free and now has voice turn by turn directions.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    01-25-12 06:29 AM
    Nice, will give BB traffic a go
    01-25-12 06:31 AM
    I mostly use google maps because it shows traffic (desity) but BB maps is great, I love it ability to remember maps one you have zoomed in to certain area. I am on Wind so I would be roaming in most on ontario but if I'm goin somewhere I can zoom in the area I'm goin to and I can navigate myself without data roaming charges.
    01-25-12 06:36 AM
    True. I saw myself using BB Maps and Google Maps both and I can say that BB Maps is doing one good job compared to the early days.
    01-25-12 06:41 AM
    They've really got it right with this maps program. I've got an 8:30 appointment to drop my car off at a garage that I don't know where it is. I get on the Maps application, do the search, find the garage using name only, and get the directions from my current location. All in just a couple of minutes. The program is easy to use and intuitive. Leaves me enough time to pause and rave about it here. Somebody did a real nice job with this. And I've got a growing library of favorite places too. LOVE IT!
    doesn't every map application do that already? Google maps, telenav, bbmaps. What is so groundbreaking about it?
    01-25-12 07:00 AM
    Yesterday I went to work @ a new place and didn't know where,I try bb map and it take me there its very accuracy and easy to use
    01-25-12 07:44 AM
    One of the main advantages of Google Maps at this time is that it includes public transit information, which I've found to be very useful when traveling to places where I don't have a car. If BB Maps gets this feature, I'll probably drop Google Maps.
    01-25-12 07:56 AM
    I've been a big proponent of Google Maps for BlackBerry until just recently. I had been consistently disappointed with BB Maps for years, but with the update that came with 7.1, I haven't even needed to load Google Maps on my device. I don't use map applications very often, but it seems that the updated BB Maps will do the trick nicely.

+1 on Traffic, it's a fantastic application. I've been using it since day one, and the improvements that they've done to the application have made it one that I use every single day. The spoken directions are amazing. I had my buddy upgrade to the newest one and he was raving about it when he used it to find a location. A must have app.
    01-25-12 08:42 AM
    Which was the first version with voice (traffic)? I love that app. Its what I call a "superapp"
    01-25-12 12:57 PM
    Which was the first version with voice (traffic)? I love that app. Its what I call a "superapp"
    Traffic 3.0 is when that feature was added. It's fantastic.
    01-25-12 01:20 PM
    Cool! I just DLd it, and am looking forward to trying it out!
    01-25-12 01:28 PM
    Telenav is even better than that.

It gives you voice turn-by-turn directions and re-routes you if you make a wrong turn.

Its not free ($10/yr, which is a bargain) but I think it looks and works better than Blackberry Traffic.

Since using Telenav, i've uninstalled Google Maps and never open BB Maps.
    01-25-12 02:06 PM
    Telenav is even better than that.

It gives you voice turn-by-turn directions and re-routes you if you make a wrong turn.

Its not free ($10/yr, which is a bargain) but I think it looks and works better than Blackberry Traffic.

Since using Telenav, i've uninstalled Google Maps and never open BB Maps.
    I was a Telenav subscriber for about a year. I liked it, but when I upgraded to the Torch, they wanted access to my media files to install the application. I tried to deny, but couldn't install the application on the device without giving them the access. So I dropped it instead. I, too, liked the Telenav, but was also disappointed that I couldn't figure out how to save favorite locations on it. Does the newer version have that feature?
    01-25-12 02:11 PM
    I just don't get a mapping app that doesn't actually show your position on the map as you drive. Telenav isn't perfect, but its far superior to google maps, bb traffic or bbmaps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-25-12 02:12 PM
    I was a Telenav subscriber for about a year. I liked it, but when I upgraded to the Torch, they wanted access to my media files to install the application. I tried to deny, but couldn't install the application on the device without giving them the access. So I dropped it instead. I, too, liked the Telenav, but was also disappointed that I couldn't figure out how to save favorite locations on it. Does the newer version have that feature?

Sure does - I have at least 30 favorites saved. It goes on the sd card, so that's why it requires media files access.

01-25-12 02:14 PM
    I just don't get a mapping app that doesn't actually show your position on the map as you drive. Telenav isn't perfect, but its far superior to google maps, bb traffic or bbmaps.

Google Maps shows your position as your drive. I don't know if BBMaps does, since I've never used it for that.
    01-25-12 02:15 PM
    Google Maps shows your position as your drive. I don't know if BBMaps does, since I've never used it for that.

Sorry, also meant to say with turn-by-turn voice and on-screen. You know, real navigation.

01-25-12 02:16 PM
    Sorry, also meant to say with turn-by-turn voice and on-screen. You know, real navigation.

Oh okay, I see what you mean. Well, BB Traffic does the turn-by-turn navigation quite well. You can, if you want, leave Google Maps running to keep track of your position, and just use App Switcher to check on it. But there's no way to have it all on one screen, yet. As others have suggested, a fusion of BB Maps and BB Traffic is probably on the horizon.
    01-25-12 02:23 PM
    Oh okay, I see what you mean. Well, BB Traffic does the turn-by-turn navigation quite well. You can, if you want, leave Google Maps running to keep track of your position, and just use App Switcher to check on it. But there's no way to have it all on one screen, yet. As others have suggested, a fusion of BB Maps and BB Traffic is probably on the horizon.
    That would be perfect.
    01-25-12 02:46 PM
    Yes it does, it updates a lot faster then google maps and it also tracks you up, google maps always shows north up.

BB Maps also uses very little data and it caches where you've been so you can use it off line. Once you get directions to an address it will take you there even if you turn signal off(I tried it).

In latest 7.1 it also auto reroutes if you stray off the track.
    01-25-12 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD