Coming from a 9700, I use google maps religiously for daily driving.

What I like about google maps is the ability to zoom into a section of a map and do a search, example 'starbucks' then click get directions and i'm set. I can then press '7' to enable traffic if i would like. Very simple and right to the point.

Is there a better software out there for mapping? How does BB maps compare?

(I'm only considering free apps at this time unless there is a pay app that is significantly better)
    12-05-11 11:59 PM
    Nothing will ever come close to an actual GPS, atleast on a BB. I would say stick with Google Maps for now since BB Maps is way more complicated in terms of searching for places and such. Oh and I just read in another post someone said BB Maps has been updated with turn by turn voice so that should be something to check out.
    12-06-11 12:23 AM
    I have been using Google Maps since I had my 8330. BB maps is just different for me. I kinda stick with what I know.
    12-06-11 12:29 AM
    I have been using Google Maps since I had my 8330. BB maps is just different for me. I kinda stick with what I know.
    that's exactly how i feel and google maps just looks crisper and nicer.
    12-06-11 12:33 AM
    Same here. But since I installed indash dvd+GPS system in my car I hardly use it.
    12-06-11 12:38 AM
    I use both, google maps when bb maps can't find an address, but most of the times I use bb maps, main reasons being: it tracks up your direction(gmaps only show north up), it uses far less data and as such it works properly even on GPRS, it shows your location more acurately so you never miss a turn, and if you do you can reroute easy with menu/update from here.
    12-06-11 02:15 AM
    Another feature of the BB Maps I like is the email address recognition.
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 12-06-11 at 08:13 AM.
    12-06-11 03:00 AM
    What I like about google maps is it's public transportation feature. This feature was so helpful to me when i went to NY and did not understand the subway system. Google map was able to tell me which subways to take, their departure times and transfers i had to do!

I'll keep google maps as a back up for those rare trips to NY. But for driving, so far i'm reading telenav is the best?
    12-06-11 03:51 AM
    I try to use BB Maps when I can. Also, for those of you that don't know, the latest beta of Traffic has voice guided directions. Very cool!

Joe
    12-06-11 06:29 AM
    I use BB maps and don't even have google maps installed now on the 9900.
    12-06-11 06:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD