Ah.. This is bad. I love using the Blackberry Wallet application on OS 6 and now moving to OS 7, its not supported

- Charles
    09-20-11 02:48 PM
    09-20-11 03:03 PM
    Damm.. Thanks a lot!! Are there are lot of "unsupported" application that actually work with OS 7?

- Charles
    09-20-11 03:48 PM
    BlackBerry Wallet works perfectly fine on my 9930. The only app I have that hasn't been compatible was "My Groceries." Thankfully that wasn't a high priority or "must have" app for me.

Everything else I had has a new version for OS 7. I did have to wait a bit for Mobile Checkbook and Pandora to release an update but other than that everything worked right away or had an OS 7 version early on after I upgraded my Storm2 9550 and I got my 9930 at launch.
    Last edited by skynny70; 09-20-11 at 04:45 PM.
    09-20-11 04:42 PM
    There are quite a few apps that don't work on 0S7 and hopefully this will be over with soon. RIM needs to move this along quicker so new owners of 0S7 devices don't get totally frustrated.
    09-20-11 05:19 PM
    i have tried few news apps, and got battery drain. i bet both my current OS (261) and the apps are not fully developed yet. even bebuzz and battery monitor drains a lot - you notice the phone get warmed up.
    heard that 353 is better overall, but they are not pushed to my carrier as yet.
    09-20-11 05:59 PM
    i have tried few news apps, and got battery drain. i bet both my current OS (261) and the apps are not fully developed yet. even bebuzz and battery monitor drains a lot - you notice the phone get warmed up.
    heard that 353 is better overall, but they are not pushed to my carrier as yet.
    bebuzz does not drain the battery.... If you are getting supposed battery drain from bebuzz your phone os is likely screwed up. I've used it across every 9930 OS iteration released and it doesn't drain...
    09-20-11 06:01 PM
    my phone is a week old on official OS. no other apps but bloomberg now. the independent was constant drain as well.
    i tried them one by one, and phone get warm quickly. coming from android i know what';s battery drain or not.
    09-20-11 06:04 PM
    my phone is a week old on official OS. no other apps but bloomberg now. the independent was constant drain as well.
    i tried them one by one, and phone get warm quickly. coming from android i know what';s battery drain or not.
    Your phone is draining to the point of the battery getting hot on apps that it shouldn't be draining on.

I'm not saying you can't tell what a hot battery is. I'm saying the apps don't cause that kind of battery drain so your phone as a whole is screwed. I can use 5x the apps including ones you just mentioned simultaneously and the battery doesn't get warm.
    09-20-11 06:06 PM
    more then half of the Apps that I use are not available for Blackberry OS7. Sucks, but what can you do ? As much as I love my Bold, they are making it very easy for Android and Apple to pull away. O well, It is what it is. Hopefully developers will start moving along on getting their apps running on OS7
    09-20-11 06:16 PM
    the phone was doing well without apps ( i am using social feeds to read rss). bloomberg looks ok, but few other stuff does makes the phone warm, thus the battery drain.
    all the apps i got on my 9800 doesn't drain battery, until OS .600 update messed up the phone. battery got worse after the update.
    what pisses me off is that blackberry news only available in US. how come it's not international???
    09-20-11 06:26 PM
    social feeds is actually one of the os7 apps that has been known to cause some battery drain...
    09-20-11 06:54 PM
    social feeds is actually one of the os7 apps that has been known to cause some battery drain...
    Agree. I deleted Social Feeds off my 9930.
    09-21-11 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD