I went on an overseas trip, during which my Blackberry 9900 had to be wiped. I was reinstalling apps and noticed that some of them would tell me "unavailable for your device". I thought my carrier might be doing something wrong.

Now I have returned from the trip and put my original sim card into the phone, but those apps are still unavailable, but they were installed before I wiped the phone.

Some of them are:

Blackberry News
    Facebook Messenger

So what might have gone wrong?
    01-13-13 10:56 PM
    Do you mean the applications in AppWorld ? You see them in the list of 'other devices' or 'uninstalled' without the option to install them back ? If yes, then what happens if you click one of them ? Is it still 'unavailable'?
    Perhaps try resetting the AppWorld (when in the AppWorld, and logged in with your BB ID: while holding ALT press RST): after you open AppWorld again your list should refresh, and hopefully your apps should have the option to be reinstalled.
    hzguo likes this.
    01-14-13 07:36 AM
    I have had this issue also like viber was not available for my bold 9900 so one of the the viber team had to send me a special link :/ dont know why :/
    hzguo likes this.
    01-14-13 07:12 PM
    Some are unavailable in different countries. But you can get some apps that are not available in your host country when you are away!
    01-14-13 07:36 PM
    Do you mean the applications in AppWorld ? You see them in the list of 'other devices' or 'uninstalled' without the option to install them back ? If yes, then what happens if you click one of them ? Is it still 'unavailable'?
    Perhaps try resetting the AppWorld (when in the AppWorld, and logged in with your BB ID: while holding ALT press RST): after you open AppWorld again your list should refresh, and hopefully your apps should have the option to be reinstalled.
    Thank you very much. Reinstall wasn't an option for those unavailable apps. Your method is very helpful and now all apps have gone back!
    01-14-13 07:39 PM
    Thank you very much. Reinstall wasn't an option for those unavailable apps. Your method is very helpful and now all apps have gone back!
    Glad that it worked for you!
    01-15-13 07:05 AM