Just to change topics for fun guessing....

How many BB Bold 9900/30 do you think will be manufactured for the first week of release?

My guess is 700k for the states.
    06-26-11 08:49 PM
    Guessing first as in first week for all ATT's + first week of T-mo- + first week of VZW+ first week of sprint may be 1.2 mill.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-11 09:09 PM
    500k. There is interest in this device but if you compare it to other phones, especially ones that launch in multiple country's and on multiple carriers that a far more popular I think that 500k is realistic.

06-26-11 09:55 PM
    I know I'm going to get it and I know a few of my friends in Canada are anticipating it as well.
    06-27-11 12:07 AM
    I was just wondering, when a company manufactures a device, is it mass produced, and THEN shipped throughout the world? Or do they manufacture in cycles for each global market? (i.e. 750k for the US, 1.2m for UK, etc)
    06-27-11 10:09 AM
    i figure they will make both formats in a large number, and load the OS and the carrier info onto what they will need, or what the carriers order
    06-27-11 12:00 PM
    Not to mention, these devices have already be manufactured. They are sitting in a warehouse somewhere, waiting for the final software flash for each carrier.
    06-28-11 06:56 AM
    Depends on how many the carriers ordered from them, I'll take a guess at 1 million for the US. I'm an optimist though

06-28-11 07:30 AM
    I agree, the carriers kinda will determine the 1st initial sales of the Bold 9900/9930. Like ibcop as said, they've been manufactured already, just have to wait and see how many units each carrier orders, I'm sure in Canada Rogers will order the most, while in the US, I'm not sure, I'd think the big four will roughly order the same 1st initial units...then sales from each carrier will obviously dictate how many after that. Look at the Playbook, 500K manufactured, but no real sales numbers from RIM regarding that info.
    06-28-11 08:25 AM
    Do you think Telus Canada will carry the new Bold as well? I would hate it if I had to get a contract with Rogers.
    06-28-11 10:58 AM
    either they are already waiting for carrier info to be loaded, or they are waiting on carriers to sign off and then throw them into production... but from all the info that has been leaked about who is getting it i would imagine those carriers are already in process of getting phones prepped for shipping to that carrier
    06-28-11 11:20 AM
    Man, you guys sure as **** know how to snatch the fun out of stuff... Lmbo!
    06-28-11 12:41 PM
    Do you think Telus Canada will carry the new Bold as well? I would hate it if I had to get a contract with Rogers.
    I'm sure all big 3 Canadian carriers will get at least the Bold 9900/9930 series, after all, it WILL be RIM's flagship device. IMO, here in the US, I'm not sure all the big 4 will get the Bold 9900/9930 similtainously...maybe At&t might get the Torch2 b4 the 9900 and say Sprint getting the 9930 b4 Verizon, again all in each carriers way they want to get or sell them.

06-28-11 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD