I'm sure that there have been a thousand threads like this, but I am interested in hearing from people who switched from Blackberry to another platform and then switched back to Blackberry, especially the new Bold. A couple of questions that I would like to have answered are 1) why did you switch back, 2) what made you choose the Bold over Torch, 3) why would you suggest an ipad2 owner stick with BB over an iphone or android. Thanks for the discussions!
    03-05-12 11:13 AM
    If you think there have been "a thousand threads like this" why wouldn't you search for the existing threads and read them instead of creating a new one?
    03-05-12 11:53 AM
    KEYBOARD
    And if you have an iPad it is hard to say stick with a bb. I have an iPad and a Mac alongside my9900. When iPhone 5 comes out, i will probably make the switch.
    03-05-12 11:58 AM
    KEYBOARD
    And if you have an iPad it is hard to say stick with a bb. I have an iPad and a Mac alongside my9900. When iPhone 5 comes out, i will probably make the switch.

This seems to be a frequent behavior among people who have BB's. They will deal with the BB they have now until the iPhone 5 comes out. Granted, some are probably waiting for bb10.....but I think majority are going to jump ship once the 5 drops.

I was just reading this earlier:

�Be Bold� is a bust: Ad blitz didn�t help BlackBerry 7 sales in February
    By: Zach Epstein | Mar 5th, 2012 at 12:05PM 4 Comments Filed Under: Business

Research In Motion�s increased marketing efforts centered around its �Be Bold� campaign in North America have not paid off according to Canaccord Genuity. Sales of BlackBerry 7 smartphones, and specifically the BlackBerry Bold 9900 and Curve 9360, were poor in February, Canaccord analyst Mike Walkley wrote in a research note late Sunday night. �Our February checks indicated weak sell-through trends for BlackBerry 7 smartphones despite increased marketing efforts,� Walkley told investors. �With very strong share gains for the iPhone 4S, increasingly price-competitive Android smartphones, improving Windows smartphones, and the likely March 7 launch of the iPad 3, we anticipate increasing competition across all of RIM�s products during 2012.� Read on for more.

New CEO Thorsten Heins said during his first day on the job that rethinking RIM�s marketing strategy is among his top priorities. Unfortunately, the wheels had already been set in motion for the company�s �Be Bold� campaign, and it appears to be a bust so far. �Our February checks indicated weak sell-through trends for RIM�s BlackBerry 7 smartphones, with poor sales trends for the Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 in many markets,� Walkley wrote. �With RIM not launching smartphones at MWC, Android and even Windows smartphones extended the features gap versus RIM�s struggling BlackBerry 7 devices.�

The analyst believes RIM is preparing to launch two new low-end BlackBerry handsets in the coming months to target emerging markets, but he thinks these new BlackBerry phones may drive the average selling prices of the company�s smartphones even lower. In light of the firm�s recent checks, Walkley now believes RIM�s February quarter and May-quarter guidance will both miss Canaccord�s earlier estimates as well as Wall Street�s consensus.

Walkley maintained his Hold rating on RIM stock and reiterated a $15 price target.

'Be Bold' is a bust: Ad blitz didn't help BlackBerry 7 sales in Feb

They better hope bb10 is something that can compete with Apple, Android, and even Windows
    03-05-12 12:20 PM
    I have had a a BB for many years. I got a free iphone 4 as a door prize. Used it for two weeks, sold it and went back to a BB. Two months ago I tried the flagship Galaxy Nexus. I returned it because it had terrible battery life (they say turn down the screen brightness, why have a $700 screen if you cant rock it full tilt?) and lots of things i will never use. It was great for games, but the games drain the battery at an alarming rate, and with x number of Android powered devices coming out every month its hard to decide whats best for you. Don't buy into the marketing hype behind Apple or Android. BBM is awsome (yes so is whats app) I stick with Rim because it is a Canadian company with quality devices. I also like the quality of the BB branded accessories.

Ryan 9900
    ILUMINATIUNDEAD likes this.
    03-05-12 12:26 PM
    If you think there have been "a thousand threads like this" why wouldn't you search for the existing threads and read them instead of creating a new one?
    I am not aware of a thread that specifically addresses the questions that I asked. Primarily as they relate to the bb + ipad combo. I also am fairly new to the threads and do not know how to navigate well as of yet. Of course, if it is a problem that I resubmitted a post that has already been answered, you always have the option of ignoring my post or redirecting me to an appropriate post. I have found that most people don't mind sharing their thought over and over again. No worries!
    03-05-12 12:31 PM
    I use my phone for business and I started with Blackberry went to Android and then windows mobile and now the 9930 bold. The other devices have a lot of advantages over BB but what BB does best is what I need. I also carry my galaxy tab along with a canon elph 300 HS camera and I have the best of both worlds.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-05-12 12:40 PM
    I ended up selling my iphone 4S to go back to BB
    03-05-12 12:55 PM
    I ended up selling my iphone 4S to go back to BB
    You get it yet?
    03-05-12 01:03 PM
    You get it yet?
    In the process of ordering it
    03-05-12 01:13 PM
    I have a 9930 and a Motorola Photon 4G. Most of the time I leave the Photon on the counter.

Why? The Blackberry is just more efficient for the things I need it for. And, I just like it better.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-05-12 01:30 PM
    I'll stick with blackberry until the very happy end.
    03-05-12 02:53 PM
    Bold does what I need out of a smartphone better than the 4s and android is garbage.
    03-05-12 03:26 PM
    I need a physical keyboard to be able to type fast, so I will stay with BlackBerry as long as I can. But if the amount of app decrease and the BIS lags like it is stone age compared to other REAL smart phones, I will switch to Android. I don't like to give my money to iCult lead by Apple Inc.
    03-05-12 03:31 PM
    OP, each platform has their own pros and cons. I like BB for the physical keyboard, but like a Droid for the camera and customization aspect. Not to mention the apps available for the droid versus BB. Some businesses don't make apps for BB but have them for Apple/Droid (i.e. USAA banking), so I do get bummed by that. If I could use a virtual keyboard like I can with the 9930 keyboard, I'd be gone. The 99xx series is a nice device but way behind the power curve.
    03-05-12 03:48 PM
    I originally had a older bold 9000. I loved that phone but started to feel like it was dated. I wound up switching to a DROID X. It took a while to get the phone set up the way I wanted to but once I did I loved the thing. After having the phone for about 1.5 years I started to realize that I now had a tom of apps but never ever used them. The biggest reason I started to dislike my DROID was because I realized I wasn't as productive at work. I would look at emails, Mark them as unread and plan on responding later when I was on a computer because I started hating touchscreen. Even all the texting would aggravate me too. It would take soo much longer to write something very simple. My gf upgraded to a new Bold 9930 and I loved it. Phone was not slow like older blackberries and I was very surprised/impressed.

As far as owning a ipad2, I would see no reason to not get a blackberry because of this. At the end of the day you need to ask yourself, are you into a phone that when you go places you love saying "check out this app". Or are you into a phone that is built for communication. I choose the latter and am loving my decision.
    03-05-12 05:13 PM
    Is there a tether feature for ipad/iphone or ipad/blackberry without jailbreaking either the iphone or ipad? It seems to me like if I have the ipad/iphone can't really offer anything new. Blackberry is definitely solid as far as communicating with people (I have a Bold 9650 now). So probably if I can tether to a Blackberry for data when there is no wifi, I would be set. I am curious about BB10, but I figure with the trade up program, why wait around when I can upgrade again in a year. Also, what about the torch compared with the Bold 9930? Does it struggle with the same battery problems that the Bold has?
    03-05-12 08:55 PM
    Welcome to trollvile
    03-05-12 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD