What is the main reason why 9930 is cheaper than 9900?
    Is it because of the GSM 3G chip on 9930 only support 2 bands plus the CDMA chip is much cheaper as opposed to 9900 GSM 3G chip that support up to 6 bands?
    11-28-11 02:47 AM
    I believe it's more of a vendor pricing issue more than anything else, VZW offers it at that price.

Both the 9900 and the 9930 are Quadband GSM, difference is the former has Triband HSDPA while the latter is Dual-band. Not really that much of a difference since the 2100 UMTS band is the standard being used by majority of carriers worldwide, except in North America i guess, where it is used in Canada? Someone with more knowledge on this topic might offer a better explanation.
    11-28-11 03:03 AM
    I believe it's more of a vendor pricing issue more than anything else, VZW offers it at that price.

Both the 9900 and the 9930 are Quadband GSM, difference is the former has Triband HSDPA while the latter is Dual-band. Not really that much of a difference since the 2100 UMTS band is the standard being used by majority of carriers worldwide, except in North America i guess, where it is used in Canada? Someone with more knowledge on this topic might offer a better explanation.
    That's what I thought too. Vendor and also supply & demand factor. As there are more people using the GSM rather than the CDMA network.
    11-28-11 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD