dakota is a game changer.
    I. Want. It.
    10-29-09 06:40 PM
    Dakota is a game changer.
    In what way? A game changer for Blackberry or a game changer for smart phones in general?
    10-29-09 08:25 PM
    It better be for TMo since we don't get the Storm2.
    Yes we do, unlock a 9520 and there you go!
    10-29-09 09:41 PM
    According to all the leaked info, yes, this is a GSM device and will go to T-Mobile if they decide to pick it up.
    Please elaborate on this leaked info that pertains to this phone going to Tmo, i haven't heard anything besides some specs leaked some time ago and the fact that its GSM.
    10-29-09 10:37 PM
    Yes we do, unlock a 9520 and there you go!
    When is the 9520 coming out?
    And is it for AT&T? Or just Rogers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 12:06 AM
    Dakota is a game changer.
    Yes, I agree. This is the "wow" upgrade I'm looking for with a full qwerty keyboard. Not really worth it going to a 9700 or 8900 from a 8310 and not into the whole virtual touchscreen keyboard with the Storm 2.
    10-30-09 12:09 AM
    I would also agree that this is the phone I am waiting for. But I don't know how much longer I can put up with my storm's "sim error"/radio off and the eventual mandated battery pull(s) to reset everything. If this isn't slated until next year or later, I may have to jump on the 9700 band wagon just to satisfy my intermediate needs...
    10-30-09 08:50 AM
    I have an 8900 and I'm also waiting for this as my next upgrade. Going to a Bold 9700 would basically be for a touchpad and 3.6Mbps 3G, which doesn't seem significant enough to warrant the cost. The Magnum should be 7.2Mbps 3G and feature a touchscreen, possibly a trackpad as well, and the usual qwerty. Also by then, RIM should have a new Internet Browser with full Flash support to make good use of that 7.2Mbps 3G.
    10-30-09 11:26 AM
    Yeah, this device was rumored for some time now. Glad it's getting closer. So, the wait is a non-issue. I just want it to work - with no or "minimal"(more realistic) issues.

10-30-09 11:52 AM
    Yeah, this device was rumored for some time now. Glad it's getting closer. So, the wait is a non-issue. I just want it to work - with no or "minimal"(more realistic) issues.

I have a feeling this phone's touch screen will disappoint. I've never seen the phone before, but judging from what happened with the storm... u know
    10-31-09 08:18 PM
    Lol, that's why I added with minimal issues. Every BlackBerry I've ever owned (2 for work & 3 personal) have had some type of issues. Nothing major that caused me to go back to a regular phone. This phone is doing something new- for a BlackBerry. So, let's hope that when it does hit the stores that it has the majority of the issues worked out. Hey, I'm trying to be optimistic

10-31-09 08:41 PM
    why a touchscreen and physical buttons? ill tell you why. simply for browsing on internet or some 3rd party programs.

i for one regretted the need to go back to my storm 1 after getting a tour simply for 2 things.
    1. screen size
    2. horrid browsing experience with a trackball on the tour

for simply using it to flick thru the browser alone was worth dealing with the s1's issues.
    11-02-09 08:19 AM
    I agree both input options would be the best. I shopped for a BB for two months before I got mine. The storm is the first touch screen phone I've ever had, its nice but I miss having the keyboard.
    11-02-09 09:54 AM
    I would also agree that this is the phone I am waiting for. But I don't know how much longer I can put up with my storm's "sim error"/radio off and the eventual mandated battery pull(s) to reset everything. If this isn't slated until next year or later, I may have to jump on the 9700 band wagon just to satisfy my intermediate needs...
    I'm 100% with u.

I wish we knew a little more on when this bad boy will be coming out.

And anyone hear what carrier will be having this? At&t? Verizon?
    11-02-09 03:54 PM
    WHEN CAN WE HAVE IT!?!?!?!? This is a must have for me. Been holding off upgrading till this bad boy comes out! Although I did play with a palm pre or whatever it is, with the touch and keyboard but the keyboard was a little small. A bold size device with both would be tha bomb!

Chad
    11-02-09 06:19 PM
    WHEN CAN WE HAVE IT!?!?!?!? This is a must have for me. Been holding off upgrading till this bad boy comes out! Although I did play with a palm pre or whatever it is, with the touch and keyboard but the keyboard was a little small. A bold size device with both would be tha bomb!

Chad
    you have a long wait I'm guessing way until q3/q4 of next year
    11-02-09 08:05 PM
    Well, that sucks. Hopefully, maybe, sooner than that.

Chad
    11-02-09 08:07 PM
    Be it next year or whenever; I can asure you, I'll be first in line to snatch up one of these babies. I can't believe the BB Gods are actually listening! . My absolutely favorite part of any of the Treos I had was the combination of touchscreen and full keyboard.

When this is launched I'd be willing to bet any and close to all prior Treo owners WILL get one ....... But not before me ......... I hope!

Anyone that doesn't get the concept, likely never owner a Treo or similar device.

I am so excited now, I can't freakin wait! Til then I'll be sticking with my Bold ........ Best Blackberry I've ever had.

11-03-09 08:09 AM
    Til then I'll be sticking with my Bold ........ Best Blackberry I've ever had.

I agree with that statement. Also, I won't be surprised if we had an additional wait factor on the device. Doesn't matter. I'll see how long I can hold out before upgrading to something else.

11-03-09 09:29 AM
    Be it next year or whenever; I can asure you, I'll be first in line to snatch up one of these babies. I can't believe the BB Gods are actually listening! . My absolutely favorite part of any of the Treos I had was the combination of touchscreen and full keyboard.

When this is launched I'd be willing to bet any and close to all prior Treo owners WILL get one ....... But not before me ......... I hope!

Anyone that doesn't get the concept, likely never owner a Treo or similar device.

I am so excited now, I can't freakin wait! Til then I'll be sticking with my Bold ........ Best Blackberry I've ever had.

I've gone from 2 crappy dumbphone Nokia's to a Pearl. I'm ready for a better Berry. Having the option of both touch screen and keyboard is awesome. Physical keyboard vs. virtual keyboard, the physical is more reliable and you can type faster. Virtual touchscreen app access is faster than physical trackball/trackpad access. It just makes sense to combine the two, IMO.
    11-03-09 07:27 PM
    I keep going back and forth every other day, about whether I'm going to use my available upgrade to get the 9700, or hold on to my 9000 and save my upgrade for the Dakota. I'm very happy with the Bold I have, and I don't use the camera much, so the upgraded camera isn't tempting me...and I'm seeing more and more people listing the smaller size of the 9700 as a negative. It is a nice looking device though, and the trackpad would be sweet.

I just wish there was some more information about the Dakota device, not so much a release ETA, I can be patient...but some solid specs and pics so that I can make a more informed decision.
    11-07-09 06:31 PM
    I keep going back and forth every other day, about whether I'm going to use my available upgrade to get the 9700, or hold on to my 9000 and save my upgrade for the Dakota. I'm very happy with the Bold I have, and I don't use the camera much, so the upgraded camera isn't tempting me...and I'm seeing more and more people listing the smaller size of the 9700 as a negative. It is a nice looking device though, and the trackpad would be sweet.

I just wish there was some more information about the Dakota device, not so much a release ETA, I can be patient...but some solid specs and pics so that I can make a more informed decision.
    My wife is getting the 9700 for sure. Me, I'm also on the fence. Maybe both

11-07-09 06:35 PM
    sounds good to me......
    best of both worlds
    11-07-09 07:04 PM
    Sorry GSM only, apparently Verizon doesn't really care about phones as they said the network is more important then having sexy phones...
    my god that made me burst out with laughter! but its true "before you choose a phone, choose a network" lol and im on verizon. do wish they would get a bold i love the bold but dont want to switch to ATT so the Essex will do since they're about the same when you really think of it and i love my storm 2! just want another blackberry so i wont just abuse the storm
    11-07-09 08:55 PM

I completely agree, I was a Treo user from the 600 up to 750 and then jumped to the Bold. I am really looking forward to this phone!
    11-08-09 08:13 AM
254 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD