04-12-10 06:49 PM
254 1234 ...
tools
    Seriously folks, it takes 6 months to develop a car and launch it And there we have it - the early Saturday rant

Maybe in Europe it's 6 months: Here in the US it's more like 4 to 7 years from concept to first production!
    09-19-09 01:08 PM
    After seeing Sal post this tidbit on his blog, I am hoping we start to see some information coming on this device.

THE-COOL-GUY-REPORT: Remember the Blackberry Magnum?

I am very intrigued by the this is ahead of the Essex quote. This would finally be the perfect Berry in my mind. (Browser improvement of course). Hopefully the information can start rolling in.
    Bold size ?? really I thought it was smaller like the 8900
    09-19-09 01:40 PM
    I'm getting dizzy with all the rumors of upcoming BB's. I'm going to sit back and wait as this all unfolds. And then wait some more until the bugs are worked out on them. Once bitten (S1), twice shy. And I'll definitely not get a BB without wi-fi ever again.
    09-19-09 02:04 PM
    i find it kind of wierd lol but it would be a good phone
    09-19-09 03:01 PM
    i find it kind of wierd lol but it would be a good phone
    Oh it IS a good phone. xD actually it's a great device. xD And it will sell like crazy when it's released. xD
    09-19-09 05:41 PM
    Oh it IS a good phone. xD actually it's a great device. xD And it will sell like crazy when it's released. xD
    Crucial what's better? This or the cdma blackberry coming next year?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-09 06:18 PM
    Crucial what's better? This or the cdma blackberry coming next year?

Just depends on the person and what you like from a device. But theres some really good devices coming next year.
    09-19-09 06:39 PM
    will it come with trackpad? with touchscreen+qwerty accompanying it. that would be a stellar device.
    09-19-09 06:54 PM
    I hope rim goes up n sells alot, they will make there tech. even more awsome in like 3 years i will need a new phone... i am actually planning on keeping the odin for a long time xD i do not upgrade that much because i get used to a phone buty when i do i will get the best out there and i will not ever get out of blackberry
    09-19-09 08:32 PM
    Not really interested in a qwerty/touch device. I mean, if its going to have a full qwerty, the screen is going to be pretty small unless its a slider. Don't really see the point in having such a small touchscreen.

Probably going to be buying the S2 unless I absolutely hate it when I touch it in person @ Verizon.

Otherwise, I might just wait for the Sholes.
    09-19-09 10:15 PM
    As I am now on queue to buy an Onyx or S2, all I need to know about this baby is the approx date of arrival:

Q4'09
    Q1'10
    Q2'10
    H2'10

Is the right answer higher or lower on the list... Please Crucial, Sal, have mercy and throw something to drool over
    09-20-09 11:46 AM
    Its going to be after Q2'10, since the essex has a potential release by the end of the 1stQ of next year and maybe (and more likely) on the 2ndQ.

I have a feeling that this one is gonna come out around July of next year.
    09-20-09 12:05 PM
    I think the real thing here is how will it stack up with what is perceived to be in the market when it does materialize for sale.

The specs may look great on paper now as well as the concept itself, but that's a long way off.

If it were released by now, I would say wow and that its taking a small lead over the competition. But 9 months out- I hope it has something more to offer in ways of processing, memory and features that will push it higher. This is not something that should be a "we upped mem to 256mb but left the same processor and camera" as a major enhacement- it will need to be a groundbreaking / gamechanging device.

09-20-09 12:56 PM
    You remember when the Bold came out? It was game-changing right? I think this one will be the next "Bold Like" release from RIM. The Essex will be great, but not epic. This badboy will EPIC.

I can't say for sure, because I haven't seen the phone, but sounds like it to me.
    09-20-09 01:01 PM
    You remember when the Bold came out? It was game-changing right? I think this one will be the next "Bold Like" release from RIM. The Essex will be great, but not epic. This badboy will EPIC.

I can't say for sure, because I haven't seen the phone, but sounds like it to me.
    No, it will be SUPER EPIC. Epic enough to make you look at your 9550 and 9700 and ask yourself why?

09-20-09 01:12 PM
    No, it will be SUPER EPIC. Epic enough to make you look at your 9550 and 9700 and ask yourself why?

See Sinternet, this just wrong. I might have to get on a plane right now and get into RIMs building and grab one right now! LOL

I can't wait for this phone.
    09-20-09 01:14 PM

So, Sinternet... the 9800 is the Essex huh?
    09-20-09 01:17 PM
    CRUCIAL!!! Could you tell us if there is a device coming out in the foreseeable future that would be your number one choice of device? If so, and I'm probably pushing it here, what would be the codename?
    09-20-09 09:18 PM
    See Sinternet, this just wrong. I might have to get on a plane right now and get into RIMs building and grab one right now! LOL

I can't wait for this phone.
    Worry not, Sal - the ninjas are everywhere; once it is off the drawing board one will be landing at a table near you and in videos on our screens
    [boy, RIM are probably GPS tagging all pre-releases to self-destruct once outside the building, LOL] but fear not, ninjas have carried much more complex tasks than bbs with countdown timers
    09-21-09 12:36 AM
    Worry not, Sal - the ninjas are everywhere; once it is off the drawing board one will be landing at a table near you and in videos on our screens
    [boy, RIM are probably GPS tagging all pre-releases to self-destruct once outside the building, LOL] but fear not, ninjas have carried much more complex tasks than bbs with countdown timers
    I've sent a few ninjas up there already, but all of them came back empty handed.

Ok... maybe not "completely" empty handed, but not Dakota and no Essex yet
    09-21-09 01:37 AM
    I am curious for the essex. I am Immigrating to the states in march, Getting married with my girl and all

she has been with Sprint for years and their 130usd family plan is awesome( 1500 shared minutes, bis included, internet) so we want to stay with them. I would love to be able to get get my hands on that essex when I move there as my new phone. She is still happy with her Pearl so we should be able to get a nice deal. Is march a good guess for it?
    09-21-09 04:43 AM
    I will say middle to 2nd half of next year is a little disappointing for a speculated release of this phone. IMO, RIM would have been better served getting this out the door, prior to the Storm.
    09-21-09 01:07 PM
    why? if it is not tested properly you get the same thing as with the tour and the storm: lots of issues
    09-21-09 02:09 PM
    why? if it is not tested properly you get the same thing as with the tour and the storm: lots of issues
    I don't think the Tour was a flop at all. You have to expect some issues with new units, but the vast majority of users had no issues with the Tour. You always here the squeaky wheel, never the quiet one that works as it should.

As this device is just a CDMA recarnations of the Tour with a few new hardware items it shouldn't take an additional 10 months to get it out.
    09-21-09 05:03 PM
    I mean that it wasn't further ahead in development. I am not saying, rush the device out, I am saying I wish they had developed this before or around the same time as the Storm.
    09-22-09 09:50 AM
254 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD