Sal: Is there any indication as to a quater this year that the dakota would be released? Im on the verge of switching to ATT, but I want to hold out for the dakota and no one I know in the industry, including my wife- has a clue to when to expect this phone. If anyone else can give a realistic time frame (ie winter, fall etc..) I would appreciate it.
    01-01-10 04:41 PM
    Can't recall who, but, didn't someone recently mention around June?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 06:01 PM
    Hearing maybe Q2 w/new OS

01-01-10 08:25 PM
    <Talking to my BOLD> you see this thread you're typing in? It is your replacement! Let's enjoy one another while it lasts.

01-03-10 04:37 PM
    I would say get your 9700 and worry about this when it comes. I wouldn't believe any date you hear at this point. Also the 9700 will have pretty nice resale value if you need it to offset the cost of a new phone. Just a hunch. Waiting for the next best thing is a never-ending game.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.cIO
    01-03-10 06:34 PM
    Could this be the 9800???????

01-06-10 08:39 PM
    Sal: Is there any indication as to a quater this year that the dakota would be released? Im on the verge of switching to ATT, but I want to hold out for the dakota and no one I know in the industry, including my wife- has a clue to when to expect this phone. If anyone else can give a realistic time frame (ie winter, fall etc..) I would appreciate it.
    Why would you switch to AT and T? Verizon is getting their new 4G LTe network, Plus with all the new phones Verizon is getting and the coverage... idk doesn't make sense to me.. Plus why get the Dakota when you can get the Storm 3??
    01-11-10 03:52 PM
    No slider, no slider, no slider, no slider, no slider.

No fold out keyboard, no fold out keyboard, no fold out keyboard, no fold out keyboard.

These are just more possible hardware problem areas.

01-11-10 08:52 PM
    Why would you switch to AT and T? Verizon is getting their new 4G LTe network, Plus with all the new phones Verizon is getting and the coverage... idk doesn't make sense to me.. Plus why get the Dakota when you can get the Storm 3??
    I Don't Believe any Blackberries have LTE Capability, As i know, IF SO lets see it. plus, it's only data ATM, Not even Voice.. yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, F the Storm 3 If it's slider.... i believe for storm 3 they need more Piezo Buttons in there, i bumped in to couple of guys at the theater and saw they had the s2 they said it's a great phone, but they said 4 buttons at the bottom don't always click... So it's like storm 1 when in the corners don't click well i assume?
    01-12-10 05:37 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can confirm that the dakota has os 5.1, trackpad, and touchscreen. I i cannot personally confirm what the processor speed is but a co-worker told me it will be about 1.1 ghz. Apparently it will have a 7mp camera. Here is what i have gathered from what i know and from what i have been told by co-workers.

Form: Bold 9000
    official name: Not yet known
    keying: Qwerty, touch, and pad
    flash: 512 mhz (512mb ram)
    processor: Approx 1.1 ghz
    talk time: Up to 15 hours on 3g
    camera: 7mp autofocus
    thickness: Approx 10mm
    design language: First of rim's new generation of phones
    01-12-10 09:29 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can confirm that the dakota has os 5.1, trackpad, and touchscreen. I i cannot personally confirm what the processor speed is but a co-worker told me it will be about 1.1 ghz. Apparently it will have a 7mp camera. Here is what i have gathered from what i know and from what i have been told by co-workers.

If this pans out, this will be my hubby's because-you're-special present....
    01-12-10 11:52 AM
    The biggest upgrade on this phone is the browser. It's a huge upgrade from current bbs.
    01-12-10 01:22 PM
    i have also been informed today after askign around that the device will not be plain 3G but instead something better. I do not know what exactly.
    01-12-10 02:15 PM

Could I have one as the " random guy on crackberry who thinks he is special " present?

If those specs pan out it is definitely going to be my upgrade from the 9000. I couldn't do the 9700... screen was too small from having enjoyed the 9000's.
    01-12-10 07:47 PM

Hopefully OS 5.1 means a WebKit browser.
    01-12-10 07:50 PM

WOW 15hrs talktime? 4000mAH Battery?7mp Autofocus? I thought they're doing the liquid lens...

I really doubt these 2 Features.. but thx for the info bud
    01-13-10 12:30 AM
    WOW 15hrs talktime? 4000mAH Battery?7mp Autofocus? I thought they're doing the liquid lens...

I really doubt these 2 Features.. but thx for the info bud
    They are doing liquid lens
    01-13-10 12:35 AM
    If this is what you are waiting for, it will take a while... for those who have not yet googled a 4000mAh battery - typically it is used to power laptops and is twice the thickness of the BOLD and twice the height (alas, half the width).

Liquid lenses are also not that common to be mass-produced and consequently put into devices with sub-1000$ prices.

7MP sensors are not "standard", so to speak. There is the 5MP, then the 8MP, etc. What does 7MP equal to? 3000x2500 pixels? a 3:5.25 ratio? Whoever comes up with this cr@p?

After surviving the fever of "what's next", I am simply and quietly disappointed with RIM, who repeatedly under-deliver, are slow on innovation and refuse to smell the cheese and come up with a truly flagship device. These days 3,7" is the standard of (touch)screens, 5MP is the common camera sensor, and batteries are long past Li-Ion into Ion-Poly.

Shame for such a great, great platform (I love my 8900 and 9700) to be overtaken with ease by rookies like Nexus who cannot even get their support in order (HTC/Google/T-Mo).
    01-13-10 04:23 AM
    Could I have one as the " random guy on crackberry who thinks he is special " present?

If those specs pan out it is definitely going to be my upgrade from the 9000. I couldn't do the 9700... screen was too small from having enjoyed the 9000's.
    LOL!!! I'll consider it!
    01-13-10 07:02 AM
    If this is what you are waiting for, it will take a while... for those who have not yet googled a 4000mAh battery - typically it is used to power laptops and is twice the thickness of the BOLD and twice the height (alas, half the width).

Liquid lenses are also not that common to be mass-produced and consequently put into devices with sub-1000$ prices.

7MP sensors are not "standard", so to speak. There is the 5MP, then the 8MP, etc. What does 7MP equal to? 3000x2500 pixels? a 3:5.25 ratio? Whoever comes up with this cr@p?

After surviving the fever of "what's next", I am simply and quietly disappointed with RIM, who repeatedly under-deliver, are slow on innovation and refuse to smell the cheese and come up with a truly flagship device. These days 3,7" is the standard of (touch)screens, 5MP is the common camera sensor, and batteries are long past Li-Ion into Ion-Poly.

Shame for such a great, great platform (I love my 8900 and 9700) to be overtaken with ease by rookies like Nexus who cannot even get their support in order (HTC/Google/T-Mo).

I have no idea what type of battery it is. All I have have been told is that it will have 15 hours talk time which sounds like a lot to me
    01-13-10 09:32 AM
    Will the 8900 and 9000 get the 5.1 OS or will trackball devices be left behind? Will the 8520 and 9700 get 5.1?
    01-13-10 10:51 AM
    Will the 8900 and 9000 get the 5.1 OS or will trackball devices be left behind? Will the 8520 and 9700 get 5.1?
    No clue. Im guessing most of the modern devices will be upgraded, like happened with 5.0 though
    01-13-10 11:40 AM
    Hard to believe that RIM will go from 3.2MP in 9700 to a 7MP phone this year. Will they skip 5MP altogether? These specs do not look like RIM device progression standard. Trust me, I'll be the first to jump on this if it is true.
    01-13-10 11:53 AM
    I call BS....I'm with original00 on this, if true I'll be second in line but those specs fit right in with that old post about this phone being the mythical unicorn phone. We still don't even know when/IF it is being released. But I am hoping like heck it is soon!!!!!
    01-13-10 12:12 PM
    I call BS....I'm with original00 on this, if true I'll be second in line but those specs fit right in with that old post about this phone being the mythical unicorn phone. We still don't even know when/IF it is being released. But I am hoping like heck it is soon!!!!!

The information is from facts I personally know, and from what co-workers have told me. The same people knew about the trackpads several months before anything was leaked online. This was before I had an account on here.

About five minutes ago I also discovered that this device that has some type of liquid resistant keyboard, as well as being sealed better then older phones. Apparently if you have light to medium amounts of water, sweat, or any other liquid go inbetween the keys or around the trackpad, etc. it will not affect it. Apparently the keys are virtually impossible to "stick" and you do not have to worry about spilling coffee on it, etc even where the ear speaker is. It can be washed off. Don't know if you wash it off with water or something else yet though. I'm going to try and find out.
    01-13-10 02:08 PM
254 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD