this will be best of both worlds! ahh!! i cant wait! having the S2 is great with the surepress system. but i still miss having a keyboard.
    11-08-09 10:03 AM
    I hope they do release the magnum soon. It hopefully will be a good phone.
    11-08-09 11:13 AM
    Is it not possible for the keyboard to be a hinged configuration like the LG phones instead of the slide out? Makes the phone a bit thicker but I think a better way to have a physical/virtual keyboard.
    11-12-09 06:48 AM
    I hope they do release the magnum soon. It hopefully will be a good phone.
    Don't think we'd see this until mid next year at the earliest.

They gotta sell as many Bold/Storm 2's as they can first, then get those people to upgrade to the Magnum/Dakota in 6 months
    11-12-09 09:49 AM
    Trackpad and touchscreen? Sounds like the Samsung Epix.
    11-12-09 03:16 PM
    Yeah. Well, when it says BlackBerry, I'll get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 05:38 PM
    and no wifi???? really????

d
    11-13-09 04:41 AM
    and no wifi???? really????

d
    Lol. That one is going to be the non 3G version called the Satellite/Iowa.

11-13-09 06:47 AM
    I keep going back and forth every other day, about whether I'm going to use my available upgrade to get the 9700, or hold on to my 9000 and save my upgrade for the Dakota. I'm very happy with the Bold I have, and I don't use the camera much, so the upgraded camera isn't tempting me...and I'm seeing more and more people listing the smaller size of the 9700 as a negative. It is a nice looking device though, and the trackpad would be sweet.

I just wish there was some more information about the Dakota device, not so much a release ETA, I can be patient...but some solid specs and pics so that I can make a more informed decision.

I'm struggling with the same decision except replace 9000 with 8900. Part of my wanting to wait is the desire to own a really brand new and revolutionary BB....

11-14-09 11:43 AM
    Hold out as long as possible!!! That's what I'm doing. I'd kick myself a hundred times if I shelled-out for a new BB now only to see the touchscreen with keyboard released in 6 months.
    11-14-09 11:20 PM
    Hold out as long as possible!!! That's what I'm doing. I'd kick myself a hundred times if I shelled-out for a new BB now only to see the touchscreen with keyboard released in 6 months.
    Yeah. I'm with you. My BOLD is still awesome to me

11-14-09 11:36 PM
    i went today to rogers(planetmobility) and the guy told me u want the bold 9700 why because its the newest? and i said ya n he goes so what a month or so for the magnum..
    11-19-09 07:57 PM
    i went today to rogers(planetmobility) and the guy told me u want the bold 9700 why because its the newest? and i said ya n he goes so what a month or so for the magnum..
    That guy who told you that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo full of crap, I can't even fit in that many o's here.
    11-19-09 07:59 PM
    That guy who told you that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo full of crap, I can't even fit in that many o's here.
    Thanks for confirming. I read that and was about to post a request to confirm from either you, Sith, or CX.

11-19-09 09:00 PM
    you know at first the whole trackpad/touch screen sounded kinda silly, but after pretending my bold was touch( Lol I would pretend to tap the screen) I'm kinda excited for it. I wonder if it'll come with a stylist haha DS style.

12-09-09 11:37 AM
    But is has a screen the size of the bold, correct?

12-09-09 04:09 PM
    I'm personally kinda excited about this. Seeing as how I just got my 8900, I could stand to wait 6-12 months for this to come out.

12-11-09 01:11 AM
    If this has the WebKit browser, then along with the touch screen slider this could be the perfect BlackBerry.
    12-16-09 08:36 AM
    i need this device bad. as u can see from my name. its arrivial date is what keeps me lurking these forums
    12-23-09 12:38 PM
    You and me both, man. Any new info leaked yet? Dates, more specs? Pics? Geesh, I can not wait for this thing to hit the stores!

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Chad
    Last edited by chadecoen; 12-28-09 at 10:43 AM.
    12-24-09 11:18 AM
    People who are saying why would there be a trackpad and a touchscreen here is the answer:

I own an iPhone and a Bold 9000. And the browsing experience is much better on a touch screen, navigating webpages with a trackpad isn't as good as just pulling and moving the screen with your fingers. that's why for web browsing I keep using my iPhone and my BB
    12-26-09 09:40 PM
    I am waiting not so patiently for this one. I have actually passed up the 9700 just because I believe this to be coming out early next year.
    12-28-09 12:58 PM
    I am in a holding pattern with my 9630. The Dakota will be my next device.
    12-28-09 03:04 PM
    If this has the WebKit browser, then along with the touch screen slider this could be the perfect BlackBerry.
    Is there any hint as to when they'll start to integrate a WebKit browser?
    01-01-10 01:06 PM
    I had the 9700 and returned it. Of the FOUR attempts, each one had a different build quality defect. I'm back on the Bold 9000. It's like an old friend coming back home! I'm waiting for the Dakota. I hope the keyboard and build quality is as sturdy as the 9000.

01-01-10 02:13 PM
254 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD