Okay today I went to my carrier and checked every single bold 9900 all made in mexico and all the different carrier in my area all mexico, so I'm basically left with with one choice. I cant even find one without a squeaky key or keyboard a color problem. This is really frustrating since my carrier only allows one exchange so I'm trying out every single bold 9900 they have . Still no luck finding one without any problems any suggestions? And they dont have any bold 9900 made in hungary cause the ones made in mexico ship to canada
    09-02-11 05:27 PM
    They are letting you break the seal on every box??

With respect, I highly doubt that.

Secondly, regardless of where it is made, if "every" device has some kind of fault then the fault may lie with you.

Squeeky buttons or keyboards etc etc ... my berry was fine out of the box (Rogers - Mexican made) ... after extensive use, buttons are already "worked in".

I don't want to come across as picking on you ... but these "every device has a defect" threads are starting to really get old. Here's a suggestion ... don't buy one. That is the only way you will ever NOT have an issue.
    09-02-11 06:52 PM
    I just bought a 9930 for Sprint yesterday. It's made in mexico and I have had no problems at all.
    09-02-11 08:29 PM
    Mine is made in Mexico and works like a charm no problems....Viva Mexico!
    mauricio123 likes this.
    09-02-11 08:40 PM
    Mexico here too and no issues at all. They are all put toghether with the same parts just different assembly person. And no device is perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 09:09 PM
    Mexico 5 here. Exchanged my Japan/Mexico battery for a Korea/China, other than that no issues.

Awesome phone!

09-02-11 09:18 PM
    U don't need to break seal...its printed outside of box on UPC label where IMEI/PIN/ etc info is on

09-02-11 09:56 PM
    Verizon Mexico 5 here and its a one of the most perfect BB I've had to date.
    09-02-11 10:04 PM
    mexico 4 here no squeeky keys/trackpad.. my buddy has a mexico 4 with a "bluer" screen display though so it's hard to judge based on where it was made..
    09-02-11 10:24 PM
    Verizon Mexico 5 here and its a one of the most perfect BB I've had to date.
    Mexcio 4 here and i have to agree best bb i've had to date.
    09-02-11 10:30 PM
    virgin mobile they dont have a seal on it cause they have to put the sim card package inside the box so its already opened and I have mexico 4 I've tried two more and they still have problems
    09-02-11 11:10 PM
    how do you know some of the issues you listed are defects. Have you seen a Hungary made 9900 and compared it to the mexico ones.

probably takes you a few hours to choose a loaf of bread. Extreme nit picking
    09-02-11 11:11 PM
    how do you know some of the issues you listed are defects. Have you seen a Hungary made 9900 and compared it to the mexico ones.

I wouldnt care if I wasnt using my own money to pay for the phone im 15 and work a part time job and have to pay for my phone bills and I have school soon I dont want the phone to have any problems this is the first expensive thing I have to pay for with my own earned money..

Mexico 5 here. Exchanged my Japan/Mexico battery for a Korea/China, other than that no issues.

Awesome phone!

how did you exchange ur battery for a korea/china one? do all the mexico ones ahve mexico/japan batteries?
    Last edited by lzeng; 09-02-11 at 11:26 PM.
    09-02-11 11:15 PM
    Hungary made ones are all perfect.

It's a shame that in Canada they have Mexico built ones. Not saying all Mexico built ones are bad, but they have a high number of defective unit due to dodgy Quality Control.

With Hungary units, you don't even need to check the BlackBerry, you just buy it and go home to enjoy.
    thank you for proving my point ! and I only get one exchange so I want the phone to be perfect im gonna be on a 3 year contract and I want it to at least last me two years
    09-02-11 11:33 PM
    Hungary made ones are all perfect.

It's a shame that in Canada they have Mexico built ones. Not saying all Mexico built ones are bad, but they have a high number of defective unit due to dodgy Quality Control.

With Hungary units, you don't even need to check the BlackBerry, you just buy it and go home to enjoy.
    The ones made in hungary don't have US 850/1900 3G though right? Which carriers are selling the hungary units?
    09-02-11 11:39 PM
    another country hog
    09-02-11 11:44 PM
    U don't need to break seal...its printed outside of box on UPC label where IMEI/PIN/ etc info is on

He said that he couldn't find one without some kind of defect. I infer from that that they had to open the box and therefore cut the seal on the box.

By the way, my "Paco" Berry is just fine.

09-02-11 11:46 PM
    He said that he couldn't find one without some kind of defect. I infer from that that they had to open the box and therefore cut the seal on the box.

By the way, my "Paco" Berry is just fine.

they were all open at virgin mobile already cause they put in the sim package into the blackberry box so they didnt have a seal on them
    09-02-11 11:48 PM

LMFAO!!!!

There are no quality control issues in Mexico ... People need a reason to blame their berry "OCD" on and Mexico is an easy target.

09-02-11 11:50 PM
    I had two mexico built units. Both have had no problems. The first I replaced for a battery (japan/mexico battery for a china/korea one).

09-03-11 12:18 AM
    My phone is Mexico4, battery is Japan, bought from Telus.
    Absolutely zero problems.
    Best BB ever!
    09-03-11 12:19 AM
    I had two mexico built units. Both have had no problems. The first I replaced for a battery (japan/mexico battery for a china/korea one).

how did you replace the battery for a china/korea one? did you get one out a mexico built unit? or a hungary unit?

My phone is Mexico4, battery is Japan, bought from Telus.
    Absolutely zero problems.
    Best BB ever!
    I also have a mexico 4 I've checked 4 now all have squeaky buttons its either the trackpad or the menu or call buttons
    09-03-11 12:24 AM
    Hungary made units are all PERFECT.

With Mexico, it's a draw of luck. you either get a good one or not.

People who have Mexico built units don't feel offended that some people get crappy Mexico built ones Y'all are acting all defensive as if your family had built it and is being accused of bad quality

Mexico units are crap, simple as that. You will be lucky to have a properly working unit.
    How can you say all Hungarian units are ALL perfect? I guess then there is no need for European Technical Support or a European warranty department. Do you realize how silly that statment sounds?

People need to stop obsessing over squeeks...and use the damn phone.
    09-03-11 12:55 AM
    So far only problem with my "Mexico" made 9900 is the battery seems to be dead by the end of the day which no other BB has had that problem. Maybe I am using internet slightly more or all the things that run on this BB are draining it more. I will give it a few more days to see how it runs, but I don't want to be charging any more than once a day when I go to bed. Other than that the phone is great!!
    09-03-11 12:58 AM
    Besides my 9900 totally bricking after 8 hours on the very first day, requiring an exchange...my trackpad squeaks. I'm less than impressed.
    09-03-11 01:07 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD