HI,

When i try to connect my Bold 9900 to my Mac it takes a while to connect. Once it does and i hit 'back up' its gets about 3/4 the way through and then I get an error message saying my BB was disconnected. After I unplug and plug in my BB to USB it wont connect at all. The only way to back up is to run a manual B/U with only my addresses and calendar. Im also wondering if it would make a difference if I tried to load new BB7 OS from my work PC or could that mess up my BB?

Can anyone help me out with this? Im running MAC DM 2.2.1 Build 7. Telus refuses to assist as Im a Mac user.

01-12-12 04:55 PM
    Is the phone plugged directly into the Mac's usb port rather than a hub or secondary port?

Did it ever sync or backup on the Mac?

Are you trying to backup the media card (micro-sd) at the same time? There may be a problem with the media card. Try removing the sd card. Don't forget to take the battery out before removing the sd card otherwise the card can get stuck in the phone.

I have an iMac on Leopard and backed up my 9900 just the other day.
    01-12-12 05:23 PM
    Hi Rob, I do have it plugged right into usb port. It has connected before but never the complete back up. My issue now is Im trying to update OS7 and its not giving me "update available" message. Im pulling my hair out trying to get my Bold updated (telus). Ill try taking out the media card.
    01-12-12 05:40 PM
    I'm using the same DM Build with a 9900 and it backs up and syncs fine without any issues. I have DM set to back up automatically when my device is connected. My Mac is running OSX 10.6.8 I'm assuming you are using a BIS and not a BES data plan with your BB. I've attached a screen shot to show what boxes I have ticked for back up. Hope this helps. For OS updates I use a windows machine(XP) although it is possible to do it on a Mac. I'm sure there are posts in the forum for updating OS on Macs.
    01-12-12 06:16 PM
    Thanks so much Pearldude
    01-12-12 09:36 PM
    if you are trying to update to an OS not provided by your carrier or a leaked one, you will need to use a windows machine or Vmware Fusion on the Mac.

I don't think I have updated a phone OS with the Mac software. I am usually running thel latest OS posted on Crackberry, so I need to use Vmware Fusion for the Windows software and delete the vendor file to install them.
    01-13-12 05:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD