I haven't had much luck searching for this issue, whether on this forum or just Google...

Got my 9900 a few weeks ago on Rogers .261 and just updated to .353 and the problem has been persistent on both versions of OS7.

When I try to play any type of m4a file (ripped from CD using iTunes, ripped from CD using XLD or converted from FLAC) I receive an error stating that the file is an unsupported file type. I have tried loading the songs through USB sync, WiFi sync, WiFi streaming or simply dragging the files onto the device through USD. In every case the same error pops-up when I try to listen to an m4a song.

Some people pointed towards DRM issues, but I highly doubt this would be the case because I have really sampled various songs/albums.

Is it possible that while .m4a is stated to be a supported file type, Apple Lossless m4a is actually not supported by the 9900?

Can someone tell me if they have successfully been able to listen to a song in Apple Lossless?
    10-05-11 06:06 PM
    ...hope I'm not just telling you something that you already know (sorry if that's the case) but have you tried just converting the m4a files to mp3 using something that's free to download to your PC, like Format Factory or Super (c) from eRightSoft?
    10-06-11 11:10 AM
    Thanks for the offer. But I am definitely aware that I could just convert to mp3.

Since my entire music collection is actually in Apple Lossless, I was hoping to avoid having to convert files to mp3 all the time.
    10-06-11 06:24 PM
    The solution is turn off your mobile network then synchronize your music.
    02-19-13 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD