Dear Fellow iPhone Users,

If you're considering purchasing this phone - do it. And do it now. This phone is absolutely fantastic. I was extremely hesitant to pull the trigger, as many of you are, but I can say with the utmost confidence that you will love this phone.

The keyboard is AMAZING, display is sharp. In the hands the phone feels lighter (because it is) and thinner (even though it isn't).

If you have any questions about the transition please comment and I'll answer you truthfully and without bias.

I'm LOVING this phone. So happy I bought it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    flash24 likes this.
    09-10-11 08:21 PM
    is skype available at OS7???

how is web browser? cause i'm not convinced with that small screen, i'm thinking getting the torch 2 because of the bigger screen
    09-10-11 08:43 PM

how is web browser? cause i'm not convinced with that small screen, i'm thinking getting the torch 2 because of the bigger screen
    Web browser is improved, but it's still behind iOS and a lot of Android phones. Screen space is subjective, but if you do a lot of browsing I'd recommend the Torch for better viewing.
    09-10-11 08:46 PM
    Same here...screen real estate is what's really holding me back.

09-10-11 08:48 PM
    I went from a Storm 1, to a Bold 9700 and the screen realestate bugged me and here I now sit pretty with the 9860!

Would have gotten the 9900, but I wanted a full touch screen phone. But Im sure the 9900's screen would have been plenty for screen realestate.

As much as I would love to have more people convert to Blackberry's instead of iPhone, I believe that the people that chose the iPhone did so for a reason and in my opinion that reason will probably make them pass on this phone and wait for the iPhone 5 thats just around the corner.

I hate to admit it, but the iPhone 5 will probably be worlds better than the current OS7 phones.

But to those of you who made the switch from iPhone to Blackberry, I hope you find true happiness! Because Blackberry's are pretty sick devices!
    09-10-11 09:02 PM
    I have never owned an Iphone but a friend of mine tried my bold the day and he went straight to a Verizon store and purchased one. IMO this device is more business friendly without all the bells and whistles. He agreed with me that navigating with a bold compared to an Iphone the bold wins. He also loves the instant emails that BB is famous for.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-10-11 09:05 PM
    The screen real estate is not a big problem. It has higher resolution than the 3GS, and a different aspect ratio. It's really a landscape screen even though the device is held in portrait. Held closer, you get lots of coverage, not that far from the iPhone.

There some things the BlackBerry browser does better. The most important is text reflow on zoom, the iPhone requires scrolling sideways, while the BlackBerry usually gets the text reflowed and sized correctly. It's not perfect but it's a lot more usable than the iPhone. I honestly don't know how iPhone users manage to browse with the current limitations.

Another advantage: auto text in form fields. You can set your text shortcuts and save on typing into forms, anywhere on the device, including on web forms. For example, when I need to type my street adress, I just type myst and it expands to a full line.

And finally, when you need to click on a link that's very small, instead zooming into it, you can use the trackpad to click on it with precision.

So the iPhone might render a page slightly faster, but you'll be quicker using the BlackBerry. I think this can be generalized, consuming media is better on the iPhone but interacting with the device is better on a BlackBerry.

09-10-11 09:07 PM

While the web browser is much improved, it still lacks somewhat behind iOS.

I can confirm that Skype does work for OS7 but the Blackberry app is limited to VZW subscribers.

I haven't found the screen size to be much of a problem. It's certainly sharper than the iPhone display. I'd have gone with the Torch but I feel like the sliding mechanism is a novelty that will eventually fade off. As for the other Torch, I got the 9930 to get away from the all-touch-device.

Cheers!
    09-10-11 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD