I recently bought a blackberry bold from a guy at a junk sale, so i can't take it back to him because i have no idea who he was... anyway, it says "call failed" when i try to call out... i took it to a few phone repair shops and they all said its because its been reported as lost or stolen, can it be revived? / jtagged or whatever else?

-Paul
    10-05-11 07:26 PM
    Nope.

But you can get arrested for having it.
    10-05-11 07:28 PM
    The carrier will not activate a lost or stolen device. There may be a way I suggest you google it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 07:28 PM
    I did google it, people say there is a way, but i have no idea how, just thought id try my luck on here, if anyone could point me in the right direction, if i find out what needs to be done, maybe i can find someone who can do it... then ill know what im looking for
    10-05-11 07:31 PM
    Yes, No, Maybe?

I joined this forum because i figured someone here may know about blackberrys? lol
    10-05-11 07:49 PM
    Yes, No, Maybe?

I joined this forum because i figured someone here may know about blackberrys? lol
    If someone here tell you how to make a lost/stolen phone, their IP address should be send to electronics (digital crimes, computer crimes, Internet crimes, etc, different police department call it differently) division of police because it is ILLEGAL in ALL Western countries to post information on how to use a network blocked (not to be confused with network lock) phone.

You should call the police and file a report on the guy who sold you the phone. It is a unlawful offense to keep an item knowingly it has been stolen or lost.

MODS, please lock this thread all together.
    10-05-11 08:46 PM
    This happened to my own phone; rogers locked on me cuz they didn't want me to sell it when they gave me an early upgrade. Just because someone has a blocked phone doesn't mean they stole it or are criminals. Google it, because I won't tell you how its done but its easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 08:55 PM
    If someone here tell you how to make a lost/stolen phone, their IP address should be send to electronics (digital crimes, computer crimes, Internet crimes, etc, different police department call it differently) division of police because it is ILLEGAL in ALL Western countries to post information on how to use a network blocked (not to be confused with network lock) phone.

You should call the police and file a report on the guy who sold you the phone. It is a unlawful offense to keep an item knowingly it has been stolen or lost.

MODS, please lock this thread all together.

Ok, first of all, this trife above gives ABSOLUTELY NO technical insight as to what can be done to return this device back to a normal working state.

The title of this thread IS NOT please assume i have no morals!!!!

I did manage to contact the person who "LOST" this device, he said... keep it they sent me a replacement... HOWEVER this has totally nothing at all to do with the problem at hand.

For those of you that manage to keep on topic, i appreciate your posts

@W4rl0ck, give me some pointers please google hasn't been much help in my case.
    Last edited by Paul0759; 10-05-11 at 09:17 PM.
    10-05-11 09:05 PM
    Ok, first of all, this trife above gives ABSOLUTELY NO technical insight as to what can be done to return this device back to a normal working state.

I did manage to contact the person who "LOST" this device, he said... keep it they sent me a replacement... HOWEVER this has totally nothing at all to do with the problem at hand.

In order to get the phone into a working state, if it's a 9930 it's impossible anyway, it would involve doing illegal things which no one is going to discuss with you. No one is saying you don't have morals but CrackBerry is not a place to discuss these things.
    10-05-11 09:32 PM
    Nothing is impossible unless a private RSA Key is used, what illegal things? CrackBerry is not a place to discuss what things?

I'm not asking you to tell me how, im just asking you to clear it up a little... i don't know what your talking about.

EDIT: Its a 9700

-Paul
    10-05-11 09:40 PM
    my guess is that you are the one that took it...
    10-05-11 09:44 PM
    my guess is that you are the one that took it...
    My guess is that you shouldn't even have an internet connection

Please go trash somewhere else, thanks.
    10-05-11 09:52 PM
    10-05-11 09:58 PM
    Its not really about the same thing.
    10-05-11 10:03 PM

Blackberry core system runs on Java. IF the lost person said you can have it, ALL you need to do is to WALK in to a police office and let them know. There is a Java based lock that can be added by a server. To deactivate it, you need a WIRED plug in to a unlock the system. There is NO known code to unlock it by you.

You don't NOT have to come to Crackberry. Just pay around ~$50 for at the police and they will contact your service provider and will unlock your phone. Having said that, in Canada you can be fined up to $5000 for stolen personal electronics plus the damages to the items.

Unlocking your phone is like trying to get rid of the splash screen of Java boot up on Blackberries. It is almost impossible to do; buy yes it can be done, but it may also result in breaking your phone.

EDIT: also your IMEI needs to be cleared in order for the phone to be registered.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 10-05-11 at 10:11 PM.
    10-05-11 10:08 PM
    Give it up, no one is going to help you reactive a lost or stolen phone here. I'm guessing the latter. Should've made sure it wasn't blacklisted before you bought sorry but you're SOL.
    10-05-11 10:09 PM
    Yes it was the same, You just edit your post.
    10-05-11 10:35 PM
    Regardless of how the situation transpired, a crime was committed (or you just made a really stupid mistake. Either...)

1. The guy sold the phone to you illegally. (Since he is suppose to send in all phones that are being replaced.)
    2. You knowingly purchased a stolen/lost phone.

or options 3....really stupid mistake as in... ignorance. That is really the only word that can be used if it's not either option 1 or option 2. Reactivating a lost or stolen phone has to be illegal (at least doing it knowingly). It's like someone knowingly changes the license plates on a stolen vehicle and try to drive it as his/her own. (To a lesser degree off course but the exact same concept)
    10-06-11 02:14 AM
    Regardless of how the situation transpired, a crime was committed (or you just made a really stupid mistake. Either...)

1. The guy sold the phone to you illegally. (Since he is suppose to send in all phones that are being replaced.)
    2. You knowingly purchased a stolen/lost phone.

or options 3....really stupid mistake as in... ignorance. That is really the only word that can be used if it's not either option 1 or option 2. Reactivating a lost or stolen phone has to be illegal (at least doing it knowingly). It's like someone knowingly changes the license plates on a stolen vehicle and try to drive it as his/her own. (To a lesser degree off course but the exact same concept)

10-06-11 12:43 PM

**** off & buy a phone legitimately
    10-06-11 06:27 PM

No one is going to help you make a stolen phone work again on Crackberry because doing so is illegal. People have been nice about telling you this fact but now it's going to start getting ugly because you can't understand that.
    10-06-11 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD