Right.... Here Goes

Last night my blackberry bold 9900 broke, as in it wouldnt charge wouldnt turn on etc...
    so i called my server and they are sending me a new one tomorrow.

In the mean time, i put my simcard in a new blackberry, when that turned on i got about 17 SMS messages through, some very important work opportunity ones. HOWEVER not having my address book on this blackberry i didnt know who any of them were from, so i plugged in my blackberry to the Blackberry Desktop Software, and restored my phone from when i backed it up about a week ago.

When i turned on the phone again, these 17 messages were gone, and my phone was as it was a week ago when i backed it up.

I NEED THESE TEXT SMS MESSAGES
    please say someone out there can help me, it really is very important.

Thank you so much! [/FONT]
    05-20-12 09:44 AM
    Rosey,

What you should have done was selectively restore the address book only. When you restored the entire backup, did you backup the current data first?
    05-20-12 10:00 AM
    When you went to restore your phone it should have backed them up. They are on your computer. You can restore you phone again but from todays date and get the text back. There is a way to just pull the texts back but i would have to play with it to get it. I do think if you restore it now the contacts will stay but the texts will come back. I have to go now grab my pin and bbm me if you need more help. Thanks
    05-20-12 10:03 AM
    When you went to restore your phone it should have backed them up. They are on your computer. You can restore you phone again but from todays date and get the text back. There is a way to just pull the texts back but i would have to play with it to get it. I do think if you restore it now the contacts will stay but the texts will come back. I have to go now grab my pin and bbm me if you need more help. Thanks
    If they made a backup, they'll need to selectively restore only the SMS from it, otherwise they'll restore the empty address book too.

Select the backup that was made with the SMS on it, click the second box under the backup list for Selective Restore, check off only SMS and hit ok.
    05-20-12 10:08 AM
    Rosey,

What you should have done was selectively restore the address book only. When you restored the entire backup, did you backup the current data first?
    no i didnt.
    My theory is that if they were sent to my simcard, surely they must be on there somewhere!!!
    05-20-12 10:08 AM
    no i didnt.
    My theory is that if they were sent to my simcard, surely they must be on there somewhere!!!
    Nice theory, but unfortunately not reality. Your SIM contains your service information, and possibly a minimal address book. That is all.
    05-20-12 10:11 AM
    blackberrys dont store textmessages on sim cards. they used to do that for the nokias back in the day but they only store liek 20 sms which was kinda pointless. so in 2012... they store it in the phone and use blackberry protect
    05-20-12 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD