You're a decent human being UR. Well done.

Is it weird if that Dawson pic made me feel REALLY old? hahaha
    Hahah! Funny I thought exactly the same thing.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    09-28-16 05:35 AM
    Hahah! Funny I thought exactly the same thing.
    This made my day. Apologies are due to you too, and thanks for being the bigger person here. A rare thing.

Update: I sold my $22 9900 for $75 (they're floating around $90 at the high end around here) and am borrowing a Moto G which, despite having the 2 things I want, is a worse experience than my ex-9900. I tried a Z10 and realized the draw, for me, has always been that dang keyboard on the older models. Rock, meet hard place. At least I made $53 on the deal, a worthwhile experiment was had, and with your post my day was made by a kind soul. All worth it.

Cheers to you.

And the Dawson pic? Yeah, that made me feel old too.
    09-28-16 05:07 PM
    Hit the nail on the head. I knew nothing about the devices, found 20 or so BB 9900's out there in the $75-$90 range, and jumped at this one when it popped up.

When I say I know nothing, I mean nothing at all. Zero. I had no expectations going in, and for $22 it's a disposable option. Versions, models...I simply didn't know. Now I know! I'll reach out to Kim later - maybe I can make an extra ten buck on this one selling it.

All that said: I think I might start looking up the BB10 OS and start looking up devices. As I mentioned, I love the form factor and size, and mostly the keyboard. I'm not married to Android, and don't have anything with an Apple logo on it, so here I go. Thanks!
    Try a blackberry q10, in the UK they are about �60 and it's pretty good, I don't have many complaints about mine

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-28-16 05:15 PM
    Update: ... am borrowing a Moto G which, despite having the 2 things I want, is a worse experience than my ex-9900. I tried a Z10 and realized the draw, for me, has always been that dang keyboard on the older models. Rock, meet hard place.
    Sorry I'm confused now - your first post mentioned you bought the 9900 for your son, but I'm assuming you use the phone for other things?

That said, the Moto X is a flagship device. Unfortunately for you the bar has been set way too high.

The Moto G is arguably one of the most functional android phones of the '14 /15 era. It also very affordable. The Moto G outperforms a 9900 in all categories, including 4G. I know - I own both. Aside from camera specs and size, there has been no real breakthrough in android or ios operating systems.

You should go to your phone provider and research replacement phones for you son in your price range, knowing he will want a flagship one.

If you are looking for a physical keyboard BlackBerry, I haven't found an issue yet my Q10 (and it's sibling Classic) hasn't been able to handle.

Q10 SQN100-2 10.3.2.2813 / 9930 7.1.0.1066
    09-29-16 07:56 PM
    My 2015 Ford truck was stolen, I replaced it with a horse a buggy, Holy crap! What a difference.
    Think of all those happy roses you now have!!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 05:03 PM
    I think there is a working version of the BBOS Google Maps app floating around out there.
    Yes. The link to this is in the app sticky at the top of this forum. It's not available on BlackBerry World.

As a truck driver it was one of my most used apps up until I switched to the Classic at the beginning of October.
    11-13-16 06:43 AM
    Yes. The link to this is in the app sticky at the top of this forum. It's not available on BlackBerry World.

As a truck driver it was one of my most used apps up until I switched to the Classic at the beginning of October.
    Google Maps used to work really well on my 9900 and it continues to work if you have an already installed version. However, I really struggled to reinstall a working version of Google maps when rebuilding a 9900, so you might have difficulties if installing from scratch.
    11-13-16 09:21 AM
32 12