06-04-11 11:03 AM
42 12
tools
    I am in a small hurdle, RIM is dumb enough to release specs but not a release date, My 9780 got screwed up a week back and now I am without a phone, should I wait to buy this or buy the 9780 AGAIN , ! RIM Y U NO Announce release date FFS
    06-02-11 02:33 PM
    OMG I was just about to post this...like the hype has completely died down, everyday I come onto this site and all we get is a simple announcement for a facebook and foursquare update?!?!?! I mean COME ON...there was that Blackberry World thing in Orlando and there are BARELY any videos out there and they all show the same thing, a simple swipe here and there, nothing that really shows off the new system, by the time it actually releases...nobody's gonna want it because there's simply NOTHING to increase the hype!!!
    06-02-11 04:43 PM
    I'm losing faith......I'm a Sprint user and the Tour I have has served me well. It came out 2 years ago in July, my contract is up and I want an upgrade. RIM should coordinate with the carriers so releases coincide with the magic 2 year contract cycle.
    An iPhone on Sprint is tempting. Might consider a 2 year sabbatical from BB if we see it on Sprint. My only reservation is the lack of a physical keyboard.

I think this entire forum topic should be moved back to Upcoming/Rumored Devices.
    06-02-11 06:57 PM
    HAHA How is RIM gonna coordinate with your 2 year contract cycle...contracts begin sporadically practically everyday!!!
    06-02-11 09:52 PM
    I'm still in. But I'm in dilemma between Bold 9900 and the newly spotted Bold 9790. Hmm...
    06-02-11 11:06 PM
    Same here!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 12:13 AM
    Losing interest, losing faith, losing trust, disappointed, frustrated.........
    06-03-11 08:47 AM
    interest is still there... why?

my 9700 was stolen last summer 2 days before the iphone 4 came out.. so i decided to get it and line up.. worst comes to worse i could sell it...

so i found a Rogers store with 2 people in line... picked up the phone and it was good but not for me..

i couldn't wait to sell it and get a blackberry back in my hands! so i can't stand touch screen keyboards nor the lack of notificaiton, email setup and accounts .. so my interest is still there

sold it for $800.. only paid $149 for it ; >
    06-03-11 09:26 AM
    I think that a lot of people are losing interest in RIM in general. These new phones needed to be out before now, much less whenever they do finally come out. The last couple years of refreshes has soured a lot of people and people who are still faithful to RIM are itching for the new hardware as it looks promising. We've seen so many demos of the 99XX and Monaco/Monza, but they are still not out. Come on RIM, get this gear out!
    06-03-11 09:38 AM
    RIM needs a new CEO if this trend continues. You have to be kidding me. We still have to run these ancient operating systems for another year while android and ios leap passed blackberry? This TYPE of operating system should have been left the year IOS was released. The idea and functionality of the QNX based smartphone should have been done over 2 years ago. The aquisitions of TAT and Torch Mobile and QNX happened suddenly and wayy too late. I lost interest in RIM. I was gung ** for Blackberry and became their posterboy ever since 2008. I can't back them up until they bring something different to the table. Put an end to the "refresh". There is no difference between my blackberry 8330 and my 9650. They're pretty much the same thing and run just as well as the other. Open up your eyes and accept this fact as the truth. I loved blackberry for the longest time but this was a mistake. Big time. Do you know why the Playbook is failing? Timing. Why announce a new product only to release it 7 months later? I don't like apple products but this is why they are suCessful. Announce a new product a week before release so that the consumer becomes impulsive and demands the product as soon as it is released. I was ready to buy the playbook since the announce date. But after so long, interest was lost, not by me, but by many of us. Whether you face the fact or not, you know its true. I love you guys here on crackberry. You make me laugh, and the community is very generous, but for RIM to win me back it'll take more than that. Yes, ill try the new bold when it's released, but don't throw your money away, as I won't, if you really deep inside, know that your current blackberry will do you just fine until QNX rolls on by. I'm not trolling, just trying to help people see what's going on.

06-03-11 03:31 PM
    There you go! It's posts like this one that makes me wonder why so much talent isn't being brought over to RIM.

06-03-11 03:38 PM
    RIM needs a new CEO if this trend continues. You have to be kidding me. We still have to run these ancient operating systems for another year while android and ios leap passed blackberry? This TYPE of operating system should have been left the year IOS was released. The idea and functionality of the QNX based smartphone should have been done over 2 years ago. The aquisitions of TAT and Torch Mobile and QNX happened suddenly and wayy too late. I lost interest in RIM. I was gung ** for Blackberry and became their posterboy ever since 2008. I can't back them up until they bring something different to the table. Put an end to the "refresh". There is no difference between my blackberry 8330 and my 9650. They're pretty much the same thing and run just as well as the other. Open up your eyes and accept this fact as the truth. I loved blackberry for the longest time but this was a mistake. Big time. Do you know why the Playbook is failing? Timing. Why announce a new product only to release it 7 months later? I don't like apple products but this is why they are suCessful. Announce a new product a week before release so that the consumer becomes impulsive and demands the product as soon as it is released. I was ready to buy the playbook since the announce date. But after so long, interest was lost, not by me, but by many of us. Whether you face the fact or not, you know its true. I love you guys here on crackberry. You make me laugh, and the community is very generous, but for RIM to win me back it'll take more than that. Yes, ill try the new bold when it's released, but don't throw your money away, as I won't, if you really deep inside, know that your current blackberry will do you just fine until QNX rolls on by. I'm not trolling, just trying to help people see what's going on.

Well said! But I'm still gonna get it!
    06-03-11 03:48 PM
    I have not lost interest, but have decided to try an android device while I wait.
    06-03-11 03:55 PM
    HAHA How is RIM gonna coordinate with your 2 year contract cycle...contracts begin sporadically practically everyday!!!
    Don't see the humor. Bought the Tour on release day and that"s 2 years ago this July. Not asking them to coordinate with me just their own release schedule.
    06-03-11 04:12 PM
    I am not losing interest but I have to say that I am disappointed. I have always been that big BB supporter to my friends and anyone that will listen to me so this is making me look bad lol. I have been wanting this phone for a very, very long time.
    06-03-11 07:58 PM
    I'm losing interest! Later this month in fact, (6/19) when I'm elibible for an upgrade (I called AT&T and confirmed this last week), my plan is to buy an Android device and play with it for the next 30 days. If it does what I need it to do and the experience is what I hope it to be then I'll say goodbye to BB.

If I don't like Android and end up returning it after 30 days, then hopefully the new Bold will be available by then and I will most likely go back to it for another 18 months. But make no mistake BlackBerry, if you continue down this road of mediocrity, it will only be a matter of time until I move on.

Here's a quote from an article I read that applies here...

"Every time a user downloads a native app to their smartphone or puts their data into a platform’s cloud service, they are committing to a particular ecosystem and reducing the chances of switching to a new platform."

I'm just another customer that is about to "commit to a particular ecosystem" that BB may never get back.

Perhaps the stock price of RIM speaks for itself.
    Last edited by Nickerz_BB; 06-03-11 at 08:34 PM.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    06-03-11 08:32 PM
    I lost interest in BB back around the first of the year. Now, I can't wait on the new phones to come out so I can get away from my android phone and back to the Blackberry! Blackberry does it right and doesn't make toy phones! (Ok, except for the Storm line)
    I used to be a Storm user because I wanted a pure touch screen blackberry. My storm broke and couldn't bare the idea of wasting my money on the same the slow/buggy product. I told myself that I would buy a nexus one and I would trade up to new blackberry touchscreen just as soon as rim got their **** together and produced one worth buying. I was expecting a six month wait. It's been two years since rim has made a pure touchscreen phone and now I'm now losing patience. I planned to buy a playbook but I have delayed the purchase as rim currently doesn't offer any phone devices that are up to date that would compliment the playbook. I have lost patience with rims product strategy and the execution of that strategy. Time for the share holders to demand new management and get those two bums out of their Co-CEO chairs. In my opinion, those two guys have lost touch with what consumers want and they need to be replaced. I will admit that I like the products (Monza, Bold Touch) that are pending release dates but it is evident that management lacks the ability to bring these products to market in a timely fashion.

06-04-11 11:03 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD